Landmarks & The Hunt for Tarp Marpton!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Landmarks & The Hunt for Tarp Marpton!

Postby belgear » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:14 am

belgear
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:39 am

DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:46 am

There has been a little bit of legitimate concern on which area of the map I'm talking about in my disclaimer. I don't mean the areas we 'burned' for the fun of it on the edges. Those areas are fine. I'm mainly talking about this red square.

If you live in that red square. You should move. New players looking to live in the darkness for any reason should NOT choose to live in that red square, Again, I don't like it and I don't like that the map has that little 'nub' on it that makes the whole thing uneven. Not to mention the fact that the civilization drains are different in there etc. etc. etc. The red square may or may not be part of the long-term plans for prov. In the meantime. You are advised to not settle or live there as witches or horrible things may sweep through one day and train wreck you.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby prozhong » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 am

JohnCarver wrote:There has been a little bit of legitimate concern on which area of the map I'm talking about in my disclaimer. I don't mean the areas we 'burned' for the fun of it on the edges. Those areas are fine. I'm mainly talking about this red square.

If you live in that red square. You should move. New players looking to live in the darkness for any reason should NOT choose to live in that red square, Again, I don't like it and I don't like that the map has that little 'nub' on it that makes the whole thing uneven. Not to mention the fact that the civilization drains are different in there etc. etc. etc. The red square may or may not be part of the long-term plans for prov. In the meantime. You are advised to not settle or live there as witches or horrible things may sweep through one day and train wreck you.

But is it okay to travel/adventure there ?
prozhong

Postby King_Nothing » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:42 am

Is... That... IS THAT NYARLATHOTEP?
eat oatmeal crackers & worship deer jesus
King_Nothing

Postby Chuckles-5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 am

The map looks good! My only concern though is because I'm a new player, I don't know what the symbols on the map all indicate. Also how do you know if you live in the red square?
Chuckles-5

Postby King_Nothing » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:52 am

Chuckles-5 wrote:The map looks good! My only concern though is because I'm a new player, I don't know what the symbols on the map all indicate. Also how do you know if you live in the red square?

As a new player, you do not live in the red square. I've been playing this game for quite some time, and even I have troubles reaching that area by foot because of the hundreds of monsters and the insane darkness drain. You do not live there. I guarantee you that.
eat oatmeal crackers & worship deer jesus
King_Nothing

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:54 am

Chuckles-5 wrote:The map looks good! My only concern though is because I'm a new player, I don't know what the symbols on the map all indicate. Also how do you know if you live in the red square?

Hmmm... There may be an argument for a legend. I'm on the fence at the moment. But basically the 3 emblems in the middle are the 3 'cities'. The landmarks to the north and south are for navigation purposes.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:43 am

Is the left, darker portion presented on this map really in darkness in game?
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 am

Procne wrote:Is the left, darker portion presented on this map really in darkness in game?

The darkness gradient is fairly accurate. Darkness begins at roughly the half way point. The rune stones for example are certainly in darkness.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements