Store Credit System is LIVE!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Store Credit System is LIVE!

Postby Kandarim » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:30 am

'course they do.
That doesn't matter if the mini updates are nice though :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 am

We built up a nice little stockpile of promises and unfinished systems. Mostly because we kept saying "we can fix this once the new inventory system is live". or "Lets wait a few months and see how we like this". etc. etc. Currently much of our resources is pure creative energies on script writing and tutorial fabricating. It is leaving us with a 'relaxing' feeling where we can kinda go through the things we feel we have neglected due to previous time constraints. Hopefully you guys can be patient with us as we take a few weeks to try to just polish up some things and fill in some gaps.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby trungdle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:58 am

JohnCarver wrote:We built up a nice little stockpile of promises and unfinished systems. Mostly because we kept saying "we can fix this once the new inventory system is live". or "Lets wait a few months and see how we like this". etc. etc. Currently much of our resources is pure creative energies on script writing and tutorial fabricating. It is leaving us with a 'relaxing' feeling where we can kinda go through the things we feel we have neglected due to previous time constraints. Hopefully you guys can be patient with us as we take a few weeks to try to just polish up some things and fill in some gaps.

Better than waiting for 1 year to get a "forum update to something 8.0 something" like before ¦]
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Silent_Bob » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:09 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Silent_Bob wrote:Loving this idea! Can't wait to see people posting some good ranger threads :D. Quick question, though: I'm assuming that said murderers can't just be low scalp score alts, right?

Murderer's must be capable of committing the act of murder. Thus they must have either spent $7.50 on the store themselves for a Memento Mori OR they must have 375 Cloak and Dagger to learn the skill in-game.

Now I just feel dumb :(.
Silent_Bob

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:59 pm

trungdle wrote:Better than waiting for 1 year to get a "forum update to something 8.0 something" like before ¦]

That's cause it's they're new to the game. Wait till they've been at it 4 or 5 years. ¦]

@JC: guessing these certificates can be traded. Maybe change the silver sales on the store to $5, $10, $20 certificates that can be traded in game?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:02 pm

They can be traded in game. I like the idea that somebody can buy silver tho and go directly to the stalls. If I were to completely replace silver with these, I am sure I would just get a bunch of refund requests as new players try to trade them for their silver value and get ripped off.

I do like the idea of selling them as gift cards tho.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Good point. Other companies have just said "you've been warned." I was thinking more trading them on stalls, as there are affordable stalls in the game once you get rolling.

Keeping the options open is a good thing. Once the store certs are being traded in game, people won't buy much silver directly as they will probably get more with the certs per dollar spent. (Seeing iron and other prices in game, probably won't be much more, though, unless there's a lot of competition to trade them.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Yes I find the entire idea of a Store Credit item in Salem fascinating. I will be monitoring it closely and all store logs and purchases keep very detailed records on who is using credits, how, and every stock cert even has a uniqueID so that I can track its life.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby loleznub » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Does this credit could towards the rewards you would receive per quarter?

I.E Turning enough of these in for $40 = a cape?
loleznub
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:24 pm

I don't believe they will.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements