Store Credit System is LIVE!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Store Credit System is LIVE!

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:58 am

Greetings Salemites,
This latest patch was primarily pushing the Store Credit Logic to the store. Given this is a fundamental store change I want to share all the details here.

*Players who turn in scalps of Murderer's have been and will continue to receive an item called a "South Sea Company Stock Certificate".
*The Value of each stock certificate will be on the tooltip. Currently all Stocks have been set to a $2.50 value.
*Right Clicking any Stock Certificate will allow you to consume it. When you do consume it your account will receive Store Credit. When you then go to the Salem Store it will calculate your purchase MINUS the applicable store credit you have. I.E. if you turn in 3 Certs, you will have $7.50 credit. If you then make a $9.99 Store purchase, your paypal balance will be $2.49.
*In the event you make purchases that are BELOW your store credit balance then no paypal or credit card information will be required. You will simply be allowed to checkout and your items will be on the postmaster as if you had paid regular.
*These stock certificates can be created by the developers dynamically with various dollar amounts. NOT ALL STOCK CERTS will be worth the same. Thus be sure to look at the tooltip to see how much Store Credit that item will give. We intend on giving these out for the Store Competitions as well as in-game events like dock club winners and frog race winners etc. etc.

In addition to this we pushed a few minor changes:

*Steel Axe now chops blocks faster than a metal axe.
*Executioners Axe now chops blocks faster than before.
*Cave Down Holes will now act as mine supports. Thus preventing Cave ins near them in a fairly generous radius.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Store Credit System is LIVE!

Postby trungdle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 am

Wooo nice update! Great job!
Frog race @@
If we hold on to our stock cert will we get dividend at the end of the year ? ¦]

First! ¦]
Last edited by trungdle on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby prozhong » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 am

*Cave Down Holes will now act as mine supports*
I wonder which tile is the center of a Cave Down Holes ?
Dose it support the same radius as mine supports?
prozhong

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:30 am

The radius is larger than a mine support. Quite a bit larger. The tile used is the 'entrance' not the 'back'.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Silent_Bob » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 am

Loving this idea! Can't wait to see people posting some good ranger threads :D. Quick question, though: I'm assuming that said murderers can't just be low scalp score alts, right?
Silent_Bob

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:54 am

Silent_Bob wrote:Loving this idea! Can't wait to see people posting some good ranger threads :D. Quick question, though: I'm assuming that said murderers can't just be low scalp score alts, right?

Murderer's must be capable of committing the act of murder. Thus they must have either spent $7.50 on the store themselves for a Memento Mori OR they must have 375 Cloak and Dagger to learn the skill in-game.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:58 am

what about the shovel? if you chop a tree with a axe and then kill the stump he doesnt change to the shovel but uses the slower axe
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:01 am

Heffernan wrote:what about the shovel? if you chop a tree with a axe and then kill the stump he doesnt change to the shovel but uses the slower axe

Stahp making me fix things. I just want to mine boulders.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alloin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 am

Hooray !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Nezrukas » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:24 am

All of these mini-update does not obstruct the output update in early March?
Nezrukas

Next

Return to Announcements