Feast your Eyes on this

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Feast your Eyes on this

Postby Thor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 am

Potjeh wrote:So now culinary is only useful for low humor characters run by hardcore players, ie alt making.

Which was not supposedly encouraged ¦]
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:38 am

Potjeh wrote:So now culinary is only useful for low humor characters run by hardcore players, ie alt making.

I just watched a player gain a 30+ point streak in the 300's. So I would say that Feasting is pretty relevant across the board really.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 am

I wonder what he was gluttoning on for that nice little bonus.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby dunehammer2013 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 am

Why not put these bonus or capp on feasting tables?dont u think change cloth before eating sounds wierd and ***** hurting?
dunehammer2013

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:47 am

Because tables will be used to house the heavier but harder hitting foods.

Given that your sessions should be few and far between if your hitting sessions this large, I don't' think its unreasonable that you get dressed up for a feast.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby trungdle » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 am

This mini-update supposedly will have no impact on my playing. :) But I see it will drastically change others.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:I wonder what he was gluttoning on for that nice little bonus.

Well you could look at the Gluttony Leaderboard too in order to see just how possible it is. Many players on the gluttony leaderboard are in the 300 bile range.. If you took the score of 22,614 for example, and calculated how many 'level up's that player were to have to get that you would quickly notice that these players (again in the 300+ bile range) are stringing together 75+ Streaks.

So again, anybody who thinks that this bonus simply applies to alts is definitely handicapping themselves.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby McTc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:00 am

JohnCarver wrote:So again, anybody who thinks that this bonus simply applies to alts is definitely handicapping themselves.

Ofcourse it works for higher biles too, BUT, stocking up bit food, give clothes to alt and get him to 200ish biles in one run is reasonable compared to fresh new player who comes to game?

in my opinion, it's just another step away from the feel of permadeath, as death becomes more and more meaningless. hey i die, so what, i just make new char in a day.
McTc

Postby Kandarim » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:08 am

I feel to see how this update helps us make alts. If anything, it nerfed very large sessions because now you need very large feasting sets

Can we now please get the dress-up dolls to easily switch clothing sets, JC ? It's getting more relevant by the updates.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:10 am

Are we ever going to get a object to organize and quick swap our clothing?
DarkNacht

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements