Feast your Eyes on this

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Feast your Eyes on this

Postby Barny » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:12 am

Kandarim wrote:Can we now please get the dress-up dolls to easily switch clothing sets, JC ? It's getting more relevant by the updates.

+1 Very, very necessary thing.

When I built a wardrobe i was very disappointed in it. Was hoping for quick switch sets and got just a box.

And hope for this too:
Barny wrote:I collected disparate pieces of new UI + weight system and hope for a new artifacts with bonuses on weight limit. :roll:
Barny

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:22 am

Barny wrote:When I built a wardrobe i was very disappointed in it. Was hoping for quick switch sets and got just a box.

I think many people where, when JC teased it most people assumed it would give us a way organize and swap our clothing sets not just a giant pile of clothing in a box.
DarkNacht

Postby RonPaulFTW » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Huh?

Players should no longer make disease noises when sick. However, diseased bodies of dead players will still have a chance to infect players who get too close to them.

Trying hard to get us all killed by stealth disease in providence? Sound lets me know to run... Or are you saying diseased players are no longer contagious?
RonPaulFTW

Postby alloin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:45 pm

*sigh*

2 last minipatches were really not needed...
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Bjebr » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:48 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Oysters will now drop their shell when you pry them open.

I'm not sure it's intended , but Smoked Oyster don't drop an Oyster Shell when opened.

Bjebr
Bjebr

Postby Scilly_guy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:25 pm

I suggested a mechanic a while ago that would encourage people to take baked goods out of the oven at the right time. Personally I would have rathered the culinary artifacts worked with that mechanic than adding another step to a mechanic that many people don't engage in that deeply, much less enjoy.
Scilly_guy

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:52 pm

DarkNacht wrote:Are we ever going to get a object to organize and quick swap our clothing?

Yes, This along with storage bins have been pushed off quite a long time. I'll see if I can't move it up in priority as it becomes more and more necessary.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Storage bins? :O
How will they work?
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Procne wrote:Storage bins? :O
How will they work?

Thats just the term I have been using for mass storage of simple items.

Honestly, the only roadblock here is if they should have construction sign interface (which is admittedly confusing as you feel like your building something) or if they should simply be like wardrobes with god-awful large scroll bars.

Or if there is something even better we have not thought about yet.

I imagine Coal Bins, Lime Bins, and I want to do a "board pile" but I don't like how it looks/feels like "board piles" that we already have.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Yes » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:05 pm

JohnCarver wrote:(which is admittedly confusing as you feel like your building something)

Not if it has a different graphic (and only "current"/"max" numbers). And instead of "build" you can have a button like in barrels to take out a specific number of items.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements