Feast your Eyes on this

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Feast your Eyes on this

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Why not just give it tabs like 1 2 3 and each container has x amount of tabs with each container having a set amount of inv space per tab, or something like an object that once built has 3 separate hit-boxes sort of like 3 big drawers so depending if you click the top middle or bottom hit-box of the storage bin in question it will open up it's own separate inventory for the corresponding hit-box clicked.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby HolyLight » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:17 pm

This just seems like a kick in the balls to me.

Hope you do not decrease the games progression speed too much more, it will be alot harder for newer players to glutton now why established players will be able to pump out the alts faster than before. (Was most likely to cater to some pvp group who has been complaining its too hard to train fresh alts to a decent standard of raiding abilty)

The mention of large storage bins imho would be a structure which takes very little to build and takes up 1x1 or 2x2 in space, would be built but when you click on it you have the basic signpost interface to scroll mass items in and out of it. Nice little building structure also to represent what items it stores, wood, coal etc, unless you just intend to have one universal storage bin.
HolyLight

Postby Procne » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Procne wrote:Storage bins? :O
How will they work?

Thats just the term I have been using for mass storage of simple items.

Honestly, the only roadblock here is if they should have construction sign interface (which is admittedly confusing as you feel like your building something) or if they should simply be like wardrobes with god-awful large scroll bars.

Personally, I would prefer construction sign interface. Purity could even be averaged so that server doesnt have to keep track of specific items

I imagine Coal Bins, Lime Bins, and I want to do a "board pile" but I don't like how it looks/feels like "board piles" that we already have.

Well, you can call it Board stack. Or just make it almost the same. Fresh board pile, which we have now, that will turn into generic board bile filled with dry / moldy boards. With the generic board pile being the storage thing which can also be built from any boards
Procne

Postby Tammer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:20 pm

HolyLight wrote:This just seems like a kick in the balls to me.

At least they are now well cushioned with a heavy feasting outfit.
Tammer

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:51 pm

IMO we need a unified solution to this problem and the difficulty to spot a particular item in our new ridiculously large inventories. I'm thinking collapsible lists, normally you only see one instance of an item and a number of items of that type in inventory/storage and you can use that icon directly if you don't care which particular item of that type you want to use, or you can expand the list to see all the instances of that item and pick the exact one you want. Expanded list would probably need scrollbars. IMO this would be awesome for stuff like rubble or coal which currently fill up your whole screen because you're usually carrying a lot of them at a time.
Potjeh

Postby Claeyt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:39 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Doughs can no longer be inserted back into baking tables.

Why did you change this? I thought this was a great idea?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Procne » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Claeyt wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Doughs can no longer be inserted back into baking tables.

Why did you change this? I thought this was a great idea?

Some people, including me, thought not
Procne

Postby Tammer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:55 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:Are we ever going to get a object to organize and quick swap our clothing?

Yes, This along with storage bins have been pushed off quite a long time. I'll see if I can't move it up in priority as it becomes more and more necessary.

I hope you do add in storage bins soon. Right now there is a strong incentive to bring back the alt vaults, just homesteaded at your base instead of in Boston. (Want to store some roses? An alt holds as much as 16 sheds full!)
Tammer

Postby Magubba » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:17 am

Can we get sandobox?? :P

Like when empty graphic of big hole but when full - small mountain of sand ^^
Magubba
Customer

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:26 am

Game Thoughts: Interesting, I like the rewarding of Feasting Gear, or rather the punishment of non feasting gear.

Personal Thoughts: ...just when I thought I was almost caught up with the wiki...
pistolshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements