Mine your own business

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Mine your own business

Postby jakhollin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:10 pm

I have a question. Twice now I have not been able to devote attention to Salem for about a 3-5 days other than just logging on and grabbing replanting farms or pots. Both times now I have experience all of my coal clamps offsite are gone. All of my mine supports have in the mine are gone. As well as all of my board piles are gone.

Is there a penalty for not being online that erosion will occur with built items when the person is not online for an extended amount of time. Or am I being trolled by someone who's idea of being an ass is just randomly destroying off claim things? I did not think much of the coal clamps or the board piles other than a minor nuisance but both times now the mine supports being removed and cave-in occurring seems a little more like the hands of a suspicious person.
jakhollin

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Sounds like somebody does indeed find it fun to tamper with your off-claim things. Best to put anything you don't want to lose on a claim.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby jakhollin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:22 pm

I was making about 20-30 coal clamps and 3-5 timber piles just to ensure that if someone wanted to steal it they could and I wouldn't notice but destroying mine supports. That is just rude...
jakhollin

Postby Nagualcina » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Zapt13 wrote:I believe auto-sifting is a custom client thing. Did you try with the vanilla client?

No, i don`t like vanila, i`m chocollate guy. Latikai all the way... whoever did it it`s nice thing.
Nagualcina

Postby gagarin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:14 pm

how long does 1% tick take for for blistersteel coffin in the furnace?
gagarin

Postby MaximB » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:21 pm

100 minutes
MaximB

Postby gagarin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:24 pm

MaximB wrote:100 minutes

looks like you're right
thanks.
gagarin

Postby wowofbob » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:54 pm

According to wiki:

Cave down has to be mined from a dark tile which need to prepared with a pile of wood before mining. When a cave down is mined, a hexagonal 13x13 space is created around the tile (destroying the mine WALLS).

Can it also destroy containers if they are placed around dark tiles?
wowofbob

Postby lachlaan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 am

So this seems pretty obvious but worth a shot asking anyway.I take it anyone with an ancestor that died prior to this patch has no way to benefit from paying respects / getting dem bonus proficiencies, amirite?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Procne » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:31 am

lachlaan wrote:So this seems pretty obvious but worth a shot asking anyway.I take it anyone with an ancestor that died prior to this patch has no way to benefit from paying respects / getting dem bonus proficiencies, amirite?

I think that if you still have the body it should work. Just build a crypt, burry the skeleton in the crypt and so on
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements