February patch warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

February patch warnings

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:48 pm

*Witches will ascend to the 2nd circle of their powers. Thus the consequences of letting them exist in the world are about to get messy. A properly trained witch will be able to do horrible and unspeakable things to your heirs if she has the skeletons of their ancestors. It turns out that existing Skeletons were not willing to cooperate with this new mechanic and will most likely be destroyed after the patch.

*I will most likely be taking a dump on things that come from Mine Purity when the new mining Purity system goes in. You might as well use your high purity Iron stuff now as there are no guarantees it will still have that purity after the patch.

*Rubble now has a use on the test server. You may or may not be the type to 'want' your rubble after the patch. Think about this before you destroy all your boulders pre-patch and then complain to me about it.

*Alchemy Robes in the shirt slot will be removed and placed in your inventory after the next patch. Don't log out with a full inventory. Or better yet, don't equip alchemy robes in your shirt slot to be safe.

*Witches who choose to ascended to the 2nd circle of their powers will lose any last will that has been written and void any estate that has been planned. They will also be banned from doing these things in the future. While this isn't a 'pre-warning' so much as 0 Witches on the active server are 2nd circle. I deem it fair a place as any to make sure witches realize the ongoing and increasing penalties of their practices.

*Effective NOW gunpowder price has been reduced by approx 75%. This is in anticipation for some mechanics that require the use of it in the next patch.

*Non-Witches should make sure they are not holding a wicked wands in their hand. After the patch there could be negative effects to any player who is holding a wicked wand who is not a witch. If you are not a witch. Don't log out with one.

*It is looking more and more like existing mines will quite simply 'work' with the new direction we are going. There may be reasons that you wish your existing mine wasn't as dug out as it is now, but aside from those smaller details you should see old-minetech conform to new-minetech with little differences. This is still subject to change if there are last minute complications with the implementation but for now existing mines look safe, and better yet, will be capable of opening fissures to the lower levels like other mines.

*When the new weight comes into play it will indeed calculate what you are wearing in addition to what you have in your inventory. Its entirely possible that if you are hoarding entire inventories of heavy stuff, or you just dont' have that much yellow bile to begin with that you will be 'rooted' and unable to move or port because you are over-weight. As such, players should get in the habit of logging off with as little as possible until the patch.

*Challenge Authority should also work against a town provided that it is within '1' tile of that town's claim. Players with walls, mazes, perimeter fences, and other general shenanigans should once again be more vulnerable to its effects.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: January patch warnings

Postby Judaism » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:58 pm

OMG
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby alloin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:05 pm

niiiiice !!

Last edited by alloin on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Judaism » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Will you be able to see whose skeleton it is ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Rakiyn » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:11 pm

Judaism wrote:Will you be able to see whose skeleton it is ?

ALSO on top of jud's question
would i be able to use ANY skeleton of that characters
or just the direct ancestor?
Rakiyn

Postby Thor » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

One who was perverted enough to haul corpses to his mausoleum will have so much win.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Lusewing » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Oh this is going to be FUN! :twisted:
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Rakiyn » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Thor wrote:One who was perverted enough to haul corpses to his mausoleum will have so much win.

I'm so giddy with joy, and they said it was a waste to haul corpses back to base as decoration.
Rakiyn

Postby Argentis » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Harsh
Argentis

Postby Judaism » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Argentis wrote:Harsh

I could sell your ancestor corpse for 15k silver.
Judaism
Customer

Next

Return to Announcements