X-mas Events

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: X-mas Events

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:50 pm

The stockings are simply one of several gifts that can be obtained with each present. Nobody missed anything.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 pm

May I ask what materials does santa need and where do we give them to him? His sleigh? Him? :?
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Rifmaster wrote:May I ask what materials does santa need and where do we give them to him? His sleigh? Him? :?

already fully done :s

tho i hope we get more building events in the future (hint JC!) since there fun, everyone can participate and they offer bonus/could offer bonus like cheap items/cheap healing/buffs or anything else u could get for finishing a Providence community building
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes this was our first attempt at 'community build events'.

I have hopes and grand plans that perhaps the "Capital" Cities in Expeditions would be a series of these types of events. Each building given a new 'benefit' to town upon the players finishing them.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Yes » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:32 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Yes this was our first attempt at 'community build events'.

I have hopes and grand plans that perhaps the "Capital" Cities in Expeditions would be a series of these types of events. Each building given a new 'benefit' to town upon the players finishing them.

Maybe stealing building materials that have been put in the building sign should leave a scent?

What about the god-mod stockage? :D
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby belgear » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:13 am

Shoulda left the stockings out of the original nice presents :(
Oh well,
*more tears for JC*
belgear
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:16 am

belgear wrote:Shoulda left the stockings out of the original nice presents :(
Oh well,
*more tears for JC*

I'm curious what makes the stockings any worse than any of the other gifts? There were a half-dozen or so stockings on the server due to a bug from earlier times, but I hardly think having 6 of something in the world makes the gift any less valuable when 'thousands' are being given out.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby belgear » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:
belgear wrote:Shoulda left the stockings out of the original nice presents :(
Oh well,
*more tears for JC*

I'm curious what makes the stockings any worse than any of the other gifts? There were a half-dozen or so stockings on the server due to a bug from earlier times, but I hardly think having 6 of something in the world makes the gift any less valuable when 'thousands' are being given out.

Because one (of 2)of my nice gifts for turning in the egg was a stocking. ALL the nice gifts from christmas were stockings. It just seriously devalues the stocking (which could have been some other part of the set which everyone and their mother wants. I mean srsly, I offered a maud doll for a hat and was snubbed like it was far too small of an amount) I don't really want to ***** because I DID invest 2 eggs and DID get something other than a stocking in that second present, I just feel horrible for the people who invested that hour to forage the money for a golden egg to get a present (which ended up due to rng a stocking) day 1, then got a second stocking. It is just too close to real life for me =\ Socks, socks, socks, socks

ETA: But what do I know, you might have more plans. I am just going to keep working on NORTH POLE and hope that the reward isn't 10 more stockings >.<
belgear
Customer

Postby grapefruitv » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:37 pm

belgear wrote: invested that hour to forage the money for a golden egg

Meh, I invested few hundreds of plugs, ~50 plane boards, 6 egyptian cloths, 5 or 6 gingerbreads, some glue and 3 hours out of 6 I had left to sleep to get a stocking. It was a bit disappointing, not because it was a stocking, but because it was a THIRD one I've got and it's impossible to trade the extra ones for something else from Santa's outfit because of their low market price. It's nice to have one on every stove on my plot though, feels christmasy :)
grapefruitv

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:43 pm

JohnCarver wrote:The stockings are simply one of several gifts that can be obtained with each present. Nobody missed anything.

Ah ok, I just assumed that as I got stockings from both presents thats what was in them, not a random present. For me the gold egg was obtained the old fashioned way of a random drop from a darkness mob not just "1 hour" of making charms.

Happy Christmas everyone.
Scilly_guy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements