Bugfix: Porta-alts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bugfix: Porta-alts

Postby MrEllu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 am

Vigilance wrote:oh boy oh ***** boy. instantkilling. you know a games hit the ***** when thats the solution to something. i'd honestly just suggest an instant KO and crime debuff, something to basically give that instantkill feel without... y'know... instantly killing them.

Maybe they should have like 24h KO, dunno, insta killing is a bit extreme, but lets see how it goes.
MrEllu

Postby rogoku » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am

Vigilance wrote:oh boy oh ***** boy. instantkilling. you know a games hit the ***** when thats the solution to something. i'd honestly just suggest an instant KO and crime debuff, something to basically give that instantkill feel without... y'know... instantly killing them.

I second this, with this solution they can't be warped anywhere. Perfect solution
rogoku

Postby JeffGV » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Imho, it is fine already. The only reason one has to summon another person (out of abusing the functionality to teleport him) is to kill him. And people have no reason not to have an homestead anyway.
And if one is capable enough to reach your homestead, you would be summoned either way, so it makes no difference.
JeffGV

Postby Superiodity » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Isn't "too extreme" at all, using scents to teleport alts around isn't something you accidentally do so it's a blatant exploit of the game, the only reason I can see people sticking up for exploiters is if they were the ones using this exploit to make their lives easier.
(Should kill both the teleporter and the person using the scents really since the one teleporting would be some low level alt carrying granite or something similar)
Superiodity

Postby masau » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Superiodity wrote:(Should kill both the teleporter and the person using the scents really since the one teleporting would be some low level alt carrying granite or something similar)

Um...no? If they did that then people could use not having a homestead to avoid dying. After all, how many people are going to let their own char die just to kill another?
masau

Postby Superiodity » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:11 pm

masau wrote:
Superiodity wrote:(Should kill both the teleporter and the person using the scents really since the one teleporting would be some low level alt carrying granite or something similar)

Um...no? If they did that then people could use not having a homestead to avoid dying. After all, how many people are going to let their own char die just to kill another?

What you on about? They'd still die if they don't have a homestead but it would kill the guy without the homestead and the guy using him as an alt at the same time.
Superiodity

Postby masau » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm

It would also kill legit players who summon people who don't have homesteads?
masau

Postby Superiodity » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Yeah you wouldn't be able to summon the guy without killing yourself.
I see your point now, it would make criminals without claims unkillable without killing your own char.
Superiodity

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm

jorb wrote:
Realak wrote:whose willing to bet you can just keep the summon icon open like in hnh and just wait for someone to log and insta kill them.

What do you even mean? Why would you wait until they log on?

I think he had in mind the bug where you could pop up the "summon" option while somebody was online but didn't have a hearth fire for the moment being [fe destroyed it to travel between VIdols] and wait till he logged off [after building a new HF] and still be possible to summon him even though he already had a new HF.
Glennfinnan

Postby staxjax » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Either way, I dont think that insta-killing upon summon was a good decision. It would be better if the perp became KO'd and autoaggro'd with the summoner. If the summoner didn't have murder, or a murderer with him...then the perp would just log off once aggro was dropped and respawn in Boston. It would perform the same function essentially, but it would require the summoner to actually have the murder skill to kill the perp.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements