Bugfix: Porta-alts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bugfix: Porta-alts

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:31 am

V-09 wrote:I've been trying to read and understand this topic and this fix, but I only get more confused. I think I misunderstand, but here's what I come away with from this topic. Apparantly, there is a way to permanently die without doing anything wrong..

If you've left summonable criminal scents then you have done something wrong. Whether you thought that mugging someone and robbing them was wrong or not is irrelevant. The only way for this to affect you is to run around leaving criminal scents without having a home designated, essentially.
TeckXKnight

Postby LOMS » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:35 am

Another month without patches and updates. :(
LOMS

Postby FunForLife » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 am

LOMS wrote:Another month without patches and updates. :(

Yeah, i guess he is still working on this ***** ¦]

The day he gets it fixed, there will be noone left to play on a single Server! :lol:
FunForLife

Postby Gacrux » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Can we try and not bring up dead topics? If you fellas want to complain go to the help section or city on the hill.
Gacrux

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Gacrux wrote:Can we try and not bring up dead topics? If you fellas want to complain go to the help section or city on the hill.

I wouldn't really call this a dead topic, especially since it's an announcement. Even so, it's better to put a post into a relevant topic rather than to just spawn a bunch of new threads, even if the relevant thread is a bit old. It's not necroing if it has content.
TeckXKnight

Postby Torquemada » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Would it be possible to ask here, about current status on any updates, be it the mutli-server or any add-ons to the game it self? I know from first hand experience, programing,coding, does not happen over night nor in a weeks time.
But getting a little feed back to the beta testers/players goes a long way in the community.
Torquemada

Postby Glennfinnan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Multiserver support is pretty much done as far as I know.
We're expecting the game to go into the open beta state pretty soon.
After that the dev team will focus on adding new content frequently.
Glennfinnan

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Torquemada wrote:Would it be possible to ask here, about current status on any updates, be it the mutli-server or any add-ons to the game it self? I know from first hand experience, programing,coding, does not happen over night nor in a weeks time.
But getting a little feed back to the beta testers/players goes a long way in the community.

We don't get many forum updates in general, but the devs are usually around in IRC a couple of days a week and will usually answer a few questions.

As far as getting more frequent updates here... well when there's work getting released, we get updates. I don't know if there's any other back end work that needs to be done, but as glennfinnan states, it would appear that the multi-server support is close to finished if not completely finished. I'll speak from my time playing Haven with Seatribe and that when content was being worked on, there would be updates a couple of times a week, but when it was a large project, there could be several weeks of "silence".
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Announcements