Bugfix: Porta-alts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bugfix: Porta-alts

Postby Onionfighter » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 am

loftar wrote:
Onionfighter wrote:While this is a necessary fix, it does remove the gameplay options of summoning someone in order to identify or memorize them, and summoning someone to rob them without killing.

Well, indeed. Generally, I think it should be regarded as a temporary fix until we can think of something better. Until such time, it is at least better than not having it. :)

Yeah, I agree.
Onionfighter

Postby sabinati » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:31 am

Onionfighter wrote:While this is a necessary fix, it does remove the gameplay options of summoning someone in order to identify or memorize them, and summoning someone to rob them without killing.

only if they don't have a homestead...
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Donseluke » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Chances are if you do the crime, expect to die. Simple as that. if you get summoned and koed, nothing to stop them from killing you either way or having a friend come over to murder you for your crimes. This just skips a step. because someone without murder pretty much will never go hunting a criminal by themselves.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Donseluke

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 am

I'm not experienced with this summoning thing so if the question is stupid bear with me please. So ... I thought you can only summon someone by going to the persons homestead and clicking the ground there? How can you summon someone without homestead? And what was the alt-porting mechanism this change was about?
Jacra

Postby masau » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:54 am

1) Yes - unless they don't have a homestead.
2) If they don't have a homestead, you summon them at your homestead.
3) People were using alternate accounts to summon their character to the location of the alts homestead - thus teleporting them.
masau

Postby Ornery » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 am

I keep seeing this topic and reading it as "Bugfix: Portgas-alts" and thinking that was impossible.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby bmjclark » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 am

jorb wrote:Summoning a character without a homestead will now instantly kill that character.

bmjclark

Postby Ass_Kraken » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 pm

bmjclark wrote:
jorb wrote:Summoning a character without a homestead will now instantly kill that character.

[spoiler]
[img]http://puu.sh/1df7K[/img[]/spoiler]

Why do you say that? Summoning is intended to kill a criminal, not free teleports.
Ass_Kraken

Postby V-09 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:20 am

I've been trying to read and understand this topic and this fix, but I only get more confused. I think I misunderstand, but here's what I come away with from this topic. Apparantly, there is a way to permanently die without doing anything wrong..
V-09

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:25 am

When you commit a crime you leave evidence of crime and this evidence can be used to summon someone at their lean-to even if they're offline for revenge. People were smashing their lean-tos to teleport wherever they had an alt, this made it so they can't use a feature intended to exact revenge on criminals for transportation.
Ass_Kraken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements