Bugfix: Porta-alts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bugfix: Porta-alts

Postby Slayblaze » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Obviously the message sent from the devs was that they really really don't want players porting unlimited alts by taking advantage of summoning mechanics. The message has been received. I'm sure they don't like the insta-kill factor any more than the players do, but felt there was no better way to send such a strong message - anything less than insta-death would have been shrugged off by the players who were abusing unintended mechanics.

It's possible that after the message has fully sunk in that they may relax the insta-kill by going to a new debuff on summons or something similar which would have an identical effect without the ohko, but I'm not going to hold my breath either.
______
Slayblaze

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Mind you we have better solutions in the pipe, but nothing that can be implemented at the flick of a wrist.
jorb

Postby Sascaroth » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 pm

jorb wrote:Mind you we have better solutions in the pipe, but nothing that can be implemented at the flick of a wrist.

Enough Said!
How come I always end up being the bad guy?

English is my Second language, so please forgive me for my grammar and spelling mistakes.
Sascaroth

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:50 am

JeffGV wrote:And people have no reason not to have an homestead anyway.

There's plenty of reasons to not have a homestead. Just because 95% of the population decides to keep one doesn't mean there isn't reasons.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby masau » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 am

Can you give a few examples?
masau

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:31 am

I can give the absolute only one needed: completely new toons. I can think of a few more, but I prefer to keep things to myself.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby masau » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:38 am

Completely new toons aren't going to be committing summon-able crimes though...Unless they are alts, but in that case they likely used the free port to the owner's base so they could feed/learn quickly.
masau

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 am

masau wrote:Completely new toons aren't going to be committing summon-able crimes though.

Likely won't be, but there's always the case of the noob griefer that screws up and get's KO'd by said new player.
MagicManICT

Postby masau » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 am

You need Rights of Englishmen to attack other players though...that's 18 points in Cloak/Dagger to get. Not impossible to get before you put down your HS...but quite unlikely if you're not being fed...
masau

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 am

I got it with little problems before having a permanent base of operations. However, let me point out: you only need self-defense to KO someone that attacked you.

You all are making the wrong argument, though. If anyone that read the rules of the game right goes and leaves summonable scents without a homestead, well, they probably didn't really read the rules of the game right. ;)
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements