Bugfix: Porta-alts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bugfix: Porta-alts

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 am

sabinati wrote:only if their homestead is a ***** leanto

This.
loftar

Postby Oddity » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 am

Makestro wrote:Yeah, and people who abuse it should be suspended for an in game period instead of making anyone who's left a scent in the world vulnerable to being insta gibbed for stepping into Boston.

>banned in-game
>SeaTribe games

hue hue!
Let me know when it's H&H World 7.
Oddity

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 am

Oddity wrote:
Makestro wrote:Yeah, and people who abuse it should be suspended for an in game period instead of making anyone who's left a scent in the world vulnerable to being insta gibbed for stepping into Boston.

>banned in-game
>SeaTribe games

hue hue!

APXEOLOG is the biggest exploiter of all time but half the game is using his client
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MrEllu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Sevenless wrote:Has the summoning bug been fixed yet? The one where you can be summoned anywhere on your claim? If so taking a claim as a homestead has some pretty annoying negatives.

Correct me if I dod not understand this correctly. I know about the summoning bug Sevenless is describing, because that a lot of people use leanto's as homesteads. Lets imagine a scenario where someone got summonable scents on you, he goes to your claim, destroys your leanto, and summons you, and you die, without leaving a murders scent, without the summoner needing to have murder skill. I hope they fix that summoning bug soon, or have they allready? Because 5 claims on same area to protect yourself from that sounds a little silly
MrEllu

Postby milonti » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

MrEllu wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Has the summoning bug been fixed yet? The one where you can be summoned anywhere on your claim? If so taking a claim as a homestead has some pretty annoying negatives.

Correct me if I dod not understand this correctly. I know about the summoning bug Sevenless is describing, because that a lot of people use leanto's as homesteads. Lets imagine a scenario where someone got summonable scents on you, he goes to your claim, destroys your leanto, and summons you, and you die, without leaving a murders scent, without the summoner needing to have murder skill. I hope they fix that summoning bug soon, or have they allready? Because 5 claims on same area to protect yourself from that sounds a little silly

While its not a perfect solution, you could just protect your lean-to. Especially if you plan on committing summonable crimes.
milonti

Postby Superiodity » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:02 pm

They still leave scents from destroying your lean-to though, so it's not like he'd get away without anyone knowing who did it or not being able to summon him for revenge.
Superiodity

Postby MrEllu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Superiodity wrote:They still leave scents from destroying your lean-to though, so it's not like he'd get away without anyone knowing who did it or not being able to summon him for revenge.

Yeah, that is true.
MrEllu

Postby Un1ted » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:25 pm

It is true, but what is created then is a "revenge" society rather than a "protect" society. Which is preferable?
Un1ted

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Un1ted wrote:It is true, but what is created then is a "revenge" society rather than a "protect" society. Which is preferable?

All of society is about revenge. The cops don't protect people. They bust in after the fact and clean up the mess. The "justice" served is usually complete BS. There are discussions of societies that talk about "protecting" people. These are usually dystopian sci-fi stories such as 1984, Minority Report, etc. Why should our games be any different?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Vigilance » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 am

oh boy oh ***** boy. instantkilling. you know a games hit the ***** when thats the solution to something. i'd honestly just suggest an instant KO and crime debuff, something to basically give that instantkill feel without... y'know... instantly killing them.
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements