Stocking up on Tears

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Stocking up on Tears

Postby Nektaris » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:50 pm

Making the game not runnable on multiple client-instances like many other minor games do is an easy solution. No clue why he didn't think about this yet.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Rakiyn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Nektaris wrote:Making the game not runnable on multiple client-instances like many other minor games do is an easy solution. No clue why he didn't think about this yet.

This.
Rakiyn

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Nektaris wrote:Making the game not runnable on multiple client-instances like many other minor games do is an easy solution. No clue why he didn't think about this yet.

Because it does not work everyone will just run their alts in a sandbox. Other games have tried that and it always fails.
DarkNacht

Postby Nektaris » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 am

DarkNacht wrote:

Because it does not work everyone will just run their alts in a sandbox. Other games have tried that and it always fails.

The games I played prevented this 'exploit'.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Gernot » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 am

Many people have two or more machines at their disposal. At least many people i know.
Gernot

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:03 am

Nektaris wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:

The games I played prevented this 'exploit'.

I've seen many games try it and I've never seen one succeed, which ones have you seen pull it off?
Also how do you think they could even attempt it with out banning custom clients?
Gernot wrote:Many people have two or more machines at their disposal. At least many people i know.

yes that is another problem, Salem will run on basically anything, so for many people that would just make them grab a laptop or for those of us that already have a KVM switch just switch over to our second machine to use an alt. Some people already do this when they are running a lot of alts at once.
DarkNacht

Postby Nektaris » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:10 am

DarkNacht wrote:I've seen many games try it and I've never seen one succeed, which ones have you seen pull it off?

Horrible MMOs I don't want to mention here because it'd be awkward. They probably used an IP detection system.
Nektaris

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 am

Nektaris wrote:They probably used an IP detection system.

That is easily circumvented.
DarkNacht

Postby Taipion » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:17 am

Nektaris wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:I've seen many games try it and I've never seen one succeed, which ones have you seen pull it off?

Horrible MMOs I don't want to mention here because it'd be awkward. They probably used an IP detection system.

Use as VM to prevent any limitations of the client, and detections tools build into it, use VPN to prevent them tracking your ip and stuff...
Might use a custom client (that even exists for those really fance MMOs... chinese running a gazillion WoW bots on one PC because of custom clients without any UI...)

And if in doubt, by any means, apply basic rules of software: There is nothing 100% safe, there is no protection that can't be removed.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby McTc » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:07 am

Taipion wrote: There is nothing 100% safe, there is no protection that can't be removed.

That!
McTc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements