Stocking up on Tears

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Stocking up on Tears

Postby Thor » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Waiting for a blonde joke.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:02 pm

A redhead tells her blonde stepsister, "I slept with a Brazilian...." The blonde replies, "Oh my God! You ****! How many is a Brazilian?"
Rubberduckbandit

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

anfros wrote:Actually in english "blonde" refers to women, men are blond.

While the dictionary definition of blonde is that its gendered, in many areas, at least in the US, it means the same as blond.
DarkNacht

Postby Taipion » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:38 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
anfros wrote:Actually in english "blonde" refers to women, men are blond.

While the dictionary definition of blonde is that its gendered, in many areas, at least in the US, it means the same as blond.

In some places, this may refer to a specific kind of beer as well.

...people talking bad about beer, I don't believe it!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Thor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Taipion wrote:...people talking bad about beer, I don't believe it!

HABEEB IT!

Rubberduckbandit wrote:A redhead tells her blonde stepsister, "I slept with a Brazilian...." The blonde replies, "Oh my God! You ****! How many is a Brazilian?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do I need to tell a joke on how you can break a blonde girl's nose?
Put your ding-dong under a glass table in front of her
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Icon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:04 pm

2 blonds are walking along and come across some tracks, the first blond says, they are bear tracks, the second says no they are deer tracks... they were still arguing when the train hit them

how did this even get started? im not back reading
Icon

Postby pistolshrimp » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Icon wrote: how did this even get started? im not back reading

I said that I found referring to blondes as dumb mildly offensive.
pistolshrimp

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Reflecting back upon the conversations regarding Hydration being dictated by the Full & Fed up buff, after using tea constantly and having to gluttony now and again to reduce the buff, I think the system is great. It really does not take much food to reduce this buff, and the benefit of using the tea, FAR outweighs any inconvenience. I also find it is a good incentive to continue increasing biles on characters I might let stagnate otherwise. Good work MM! :D
tweenprinc3ss

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:08 pm

tweenprinc3ss wrote:Reflecting back upon the conversations regarding Hydration being dictated by the Full & Fed up buff, after using tea constantly and having to gluttony now and again to reduce the buff, I think the system is great. It really does not take much food to reduce this buff, and the benefit of using the tea, FAR outweighs any inconvenience. I also find it is a good incentive to continue increasing biles on characters I might let stagnate otherwise. Good work MM! :D

I'd rather say tea is outright horribly OP, but that's not the point here, having to rely on a trick like that to "encourage" people to use the gluttony system, which actually makes them stronger, tells you a lot about that system.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Gernot » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Keep in mind. playing with multiple 'alts' is not intended.

If there was a 'button' that I could press that permakilled the smallest humor characters on every account and made sure that every 'real' player indeed had only 'one' character. I would press it. Unfortunately, there is just no reliable and reasonable way to do this, which is the ONLY reason you have alts. How you want to play these alts does not concern me.

What about making it so that alts at least become a lot more effort if they fill roles like crime etc?

Right now, levelling an alt using a feasting table and just waiting for inspiration to fill takes little to no effort (of course, you have to get the food on your main, but it is incredibly easier than doing it on a low lvl char).

And of course, there is inspiration and full and fed up, which means it does take time (though both can be circumvented with enough investment).
Since IP detection is unreliable and restricting it to one char per account does not work since you can easily have multiple accounts, what about applying another measure on top of the two real world timers that has no impact on regularly played characters but won't work on ones you only have offline or afk.

What I'm thinking about is measuring in game activity (coarsely, most games do have an afk detection) and then limiting bile gain by gluttony and inspiration gain if the char is not played. This could be tuned so that it has little impact on "regular" alts (miners e.g. who actually ARE played) and no impact on mains (those will be played a lot anyway). But it might be possible to increase the actual effort of getting one use murder / waste / whatever alts.
Gernot

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements