Stocking up on Tears

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Stocking up on Tears

Postby trungdle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:29 am

I have yet to see a different type of player who will do the "Starter town" thing beside care-bears who are not into perma-death and fighting. Maybe the people needed for such town are not here.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:41 am

trungdle wrote:I have yet to see a different type of player who will do the "Starter town" thing beside care-bears who are not into perma-death and fighting. Maybe the people needed for such town are not here.

Some raiders do make noob towns to feed their group and recruit out of too, they just are not as open about it. People need to learn that there is way more going on in game than on the forums, so just because you did not read about it on the forums does not mean its not happening.
DarkNacht

Postby Lusewing » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:11 am

While I will admit to being far too friendly and mostly enjoying the farming and crafting sides of Salem I would be one of the first to quit if this game ever became all love, cuddles and sunshine. The raiders scare the hell out of me and I am always in a state of worry for both myself and my friends - but I would not have it any other way because that is what makes this game so wonderful.The town we are hoping to make will be for those who want to work and want to fight. A place where players can learn how to glutton (as well as trade what they have foraged or made, for better foods), farm, mine and fight. We dont intend to teach new players to be little farmers who feel safe to play a Harvist moon MMO - that would not help them in the long run and would in no way help us.

This however is in the future and it is never wise to count your geese before they hatch.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:13 am

DarkNacht wrote:
trungdle wrote:I have yet to see a different type of player who will do the "Starter town" thing beside care-bears who are not into perma-death and fighting. Maybe the people needed for such town are not here.

Some raiders do make noob towns to feed their group and recruit out of too, they just are not as open about it. People need to learn that there is way more going on in game than on the forums, so just because you did not read about it on the forums does not mean its not happening.

I'll have to agree here. I've known more than a few groups that will never openly recruit, but they keep an eye out for promising new players that will fit in with their play style. PMs are sent and trial memberships are then had. At some point, the new guy becomes one of the vets or goes on in another direction, sometimes with more than they came with, other times with nothing.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby alprice » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:43 pm

I do the same as far as looking for those long term players that I can trust. It's so hard to know if a new player is really a devious little ****. I do however talk to those noobs who are sick and ask for help. I hook them up with people that they will fit in with. I have helped two people this week either join towns or meet friends that talk their language to better learn the game. I even sometimes regret the fact that I didn't bring them to my town when they turn out to be a long term hard working player. But the fact remains that there are so many that are out there that just logged into no clothes and no silver and it's heart breaking, thus my tears will flow and cover all the land.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby Argentis » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:35 pm

alprice wrote:I do the same as far as looking for those long term players that I can trust. It's so hard to know if a new player is really a devious little ****. I do however talk to those noobs who are sick and ask for help. I hook them up with people that they will fit in with. I have helped two people this week either join towns or meet friends that talk their language to better learn the game. I even sometimes regret the fact that I didn't bring them to my town when they turn out to be a long term hard working player. But the fact remains that there are so many that are out there that just logged into no clothes and no silver and it's heart breaking, thus my tears will flow and cover all the land.

Oh come on half of those naked dudes are Nektaris' alts.
Argentis

Postby alprice » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:40 pm

IT could be him or it could be me, who knows. I am just saying that I hear people say they logged in and someone stole their things and it's upsetting.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby Argentis » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Just like people are warned that they shouldn't log off without a leanto, we should warn people not to log off without building a wall around their leanto, claiming it and building 16 - arbitrary number, 160 would be preferable - braziers.
Argentis

Postby trungdle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Argentis wrote:Just like people are warned that they shouldn't log off without a leanto, we should warn people not to log off without building a wall around their leanto, claiming it and building 16 - arbitrary number, 160 would be preferable - braziers.

yeah. 2hard4noob to not get robbed if the oldies are willing to.
how about 24 hours protection ¦] ?
JK. Then people will just make new alt and be a ***** for 24 hours.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Argentis » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:06 pm

trungdle wrote:
Argentis wrote:Just like people are warned that they shouldn't log off without a leanto, we should warn people not to log off without building a wall around their leanto, claiming it and building 16 - arbitrary number, 160 would be preferable - braziers.

yeah. 2hard4noob to not get robbed if the oldies are willing to.
how about 24 hours protection ¦] ?
JK. Then people will just make new alt and be a ***** for 24 hours.

Yeah but on the 25th hour they are dead.
Argentis

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements