PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:27 am

pistolshrimp wrote:JC mentioned that a player could break your claimstone. Am I correct to believe this means that having your homestead set to your claimstone is now vastly superior to a breakable leanto?

It always has been, its just even more of an advantage now.
DarkNacht

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 am

DarkNacht wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:JC mentioned that a player could break your claimstone. Am I correct to believe this means that having your homestead set to your claimstone is now vastly superior to a breakable leanto?

Not if you were giving out your HS.
pistolshrimp

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:50 am

pistolshrimp wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:

Not if you were giving out your HS.

As long as you also had a town claim you have always been able to just let your pclaim run out so people couldn't port to it and just pay it when you were under attack. You just had to make sure you changed your HS when you wanted it active.
DarkNacht

Postby Claeyt » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:57 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:Can somone clairify the relevance of paying upkeep on personal and town claims. Seems to me that after building one of these fortresses you could just let your upkeeps expire and reap all the same benifits as someone paying the upkeep.

JC mentioned that a player could break your claimstone. Am I correct to believe this means that having your homestead set to your claimstone is now vastly superior to a breakable leanto?

if you don't pay your Pclaims or your Tclaims then they are destructable. You can't destroy an authority object if it has money in it. You can destroy a lean to by Pclaiming over it or using the new arson mechanics. You risk losing your whole town or claim just to save a bit of silver. Although it sounds like inactive/unpaid claims and towns will not decay and still activate defenses, you won't need a Waste Claim to attack an unpaid town, you can just attack it.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby pistolshrimp » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:27 am

So I am gathering that, presuming you have one of the fortess bases mention by JC, there is no real advatage of having a paid Pclaim vs an unpaid one. Town claims still have a value of being paid. I can live with that.
pistolshrimp

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:03 am

pistolshrimp wrote:So I am gathering that, presuming you have one of the fortess bases mention by JC, there is no real advatage of having a paid Pclaim vs an unpaid one. Town claims still have a value of being paid. I can live with that.

That is the same as it always has been.
DarkNacht

Postby pistolshrimp » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:14 am

DarkNacht wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:So I am gathering that, presuming you have one of the fortess bases mention by JC, there is no real advatage of having a paid Pclaim vs an unpaid one. Town claims still have a value of being paid. I can live with that.

Huh? As a scavenger I can assure you a paid pclaim was much more useful than a unpaid one.
pistolshrimp

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:29 am

pistolshrimp wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:

Huh? As a scavenger I can assure you a paid pclaim was much more useful than a unpaid one.

Yes if there is no town claim but a Pclaim without a town under it is significantly weaker and should be avoided by all but the newest players anyway so is not a relevant scenario for a fortress base since if you have the ability to build a fortress you have the silver to build a town claim. Besides I don't think JC said that an empty pclaim will still generate trespassing crimes(correct me if I am wrong) just that they would trigger braziers meaning that you may still loose the one real benefit to having a large pclaim. Pclaims are great but only if they have a paid town to sit on.
DarkNacht

Postby AntiNeko » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm curious, if you don't pay your pclaim will your building and items decay faster or will the unpaid claim still maintain the slower decay rate?
AntiNeko

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:04 pm

AntiNeko wrote:

I'm curious, if you don't pay your pclaim will your building and items decay faster or will the unpaid claim still maintain the slower decay rate?

JohnCarver wrote:No. Decay will only happen on totally unclaimed land. No longer does it effect claims, even if they are not paid.
DarkNacht

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements