PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 am

DarkNacht wrote: I don't think JC said that an empty pclaim will still generate trespassing crimes(correct me if I am wrong) just that they would trigger braziers meaning that you may still loose the one real benefit to having a large pclaim.

Hmm I was under the impression it was. Anyone have any claification on this?

One thing I am getting hung up on is the idea is people griefing with pclaims, or expanding them to the max and then just not paying the upkeep. It seems odd that we would have to incur crimes in order to break one of them down that's expired.
pistolshrimp

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:19 am

indeed you will be dropping crimes to commit crimes on any claim. Paid or unpaid.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:44 am

Thank you for clairifying.

Yeah so like I was saying, there is very little advatage to keeping your p claims paid if you have braziers set up.
pistolshrimp

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:51 am

JohnCarver wrote:indeed you will be dropping crimes to commit crimes on any claim. Paid or unpaid.

Alright, let's grief this nice thing. I'm near your town. I've just dropped a bell as close as possible. Then I've dropped some private claims and made a barricade, and now you have some problems with walking and everything you like to do near your town. I spent enough, so I'm not going to pay for bell and claims. Sooner or later, you will be pissed off enough to commit waste on my griefing bell and pclaims. TA-DA! I've got your summonable scent. You're dead.

Do you have something to prevent this?
Last edited by LOMS on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:55 am

pistolshrimp wrote:Thank you for clairifying.

Yeah so like I was saying, there is very little advatage to keeping your p claims paid if you have braziers set up.

I would definitely not consider the ability for an attacker to destroy your pclaim and then instantly have access to everything on your claim, crime-free. "little advantage". But you are free to try it if you are a risk taker.

LOMS wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:indeed you will be dropping crimes to commit crimes on any claim. Paid or unpaid.

Alright, let's grief this nice thing. I'm near your town. I've just dropped a bell as close as possible. Then I've dropped some private claims and made a barricade, and now you have some problems with walking. I spent enough, so I'm not going to pay for bell and claims. Sooner or later, you will be pissed off enough to commit waste on my griefing bell and pclaims. TA-DA! I've got your summonable scent. You're dead.

Do you have something to prevent this?

The fact that you have not been able to make barricades out of private claims for the better part of 2 years now.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:12 am

JohnCarver wrote:The fact that you have not been able to make barricades out of private claims for the better part of 2 years now.

Looks like I explained it bad enough to not stimulate your imagination.
Look at the picture. I've spent about 3500 silver to grief you, no futher silver spending is needed.
pwnd.jpg
pwnd.jpg (38.06 KiB) Viewed 5942 times

Do you want to hear a simple solution about how to prevent this?
LOMS

Postby Dallane » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:13 am

Can people still vclaim a waste claim?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 am

Why do you even need the pclaims?

Players have been able to town around other towns since the beginning of Salem. This mechanic doens't change that nor does it care to.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:21 am

JohnCarver wrote:Why do you even need the pclaims?

Players have been able to town around other towns since the beginning of Salem. This mechanic doens't change that nor does it care to.

Don't know. More scents?
You're right, JC, but people never been so vulnerable to this. Now it makes sense, because I don't need to pay for longer grief and you can be killed, if you waste my **** on my UNPAID claim.
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:22 am

LOMS wrote:You're right, JC, but people never been so vulnerable to this.

There was a time when claimstones didn't have upkeep at all. I would argue players were more vulnerable at that time. In this situation all they have to do is waste claim this 'griefer' claim and knock it down costing the attacker 3500 silver and all that time border stoning a giant town around their town.

This doesn't bother me at all.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements