PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:56 pm

pestilence123 wrote:I cant kill anyone if I do not buy skill in the store? Or how can I collect scalps to buy the murder skill, if I cant kill anyone without this skill?

It has been stated multiple times that you can kill somebody if you have their scent with revenge.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Scilly_guy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:57 pm

pestilence123 wrote:I cant kill anyone if I do not buy skill in the store? Or how can I collect scalps to buy the murder skill, if I cant kill anyone without this skill?

First of all you can lvl up to 350 cloak and dagger and buy the skill 100% in game without paying a penny. Alternatively (if I have understood this correctly) you can kill someone if they have left a scent and you defeat them in trail by combat (TbC).
Scilly_guy

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Darwoth wrote:now all of you know why i have not logged on for more than 5 minutes a day over the last month and can stop asking!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this system ain't for hermit 100% of the time the bigger team will win.
AmmaBoss

Postby Dallane » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:01 am

dem rangers and pay to grief

sweet
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Scilly_guy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 am

AmmaBoss wrote:
Darwoth wrote:now all of you know why i have not logged on for more than 5 minutes a day over the last month and can stop asking!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this system ain't for hermit 100% of the time the bigger team will win.

Hmm, there might be more raiding now, but I would think it will result in less killing, also it will be harder for bases to be completely destroyed meaning hermits can rebuild. Hermits aren't trying to "WIN", I certainly am not. I play because I enjoy the changes that comes with patches, and because I want to try and make the perfect set of equipment, because I want to be able to reliable defeat bears, and maybe one day be able to take on a wishpoosh. I know I am not going to survive forever, but if I don't upset anyone then hopefully, I won't die either, and will be able to rebuild my base.
Scilly_guy

Postby pestilence123 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:05 am

JohnCarver wrote:It has been stated multiple times that you can kill somebody if you have their scent with revenge.

If I do not leave scents, I can be killed only those who pay?
Scilly_guy wrote:Alternatively (if I have understood this correctly) you can kill someone if they have left a scent and you defeat them in trail by combat (TbC).

It can be done without any skills?
Last edited by pestilence123 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
pestilence123

Postby belgear » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:25 am

It is reasonable that it will be harder to kill 6 people than 1 person. It is also reasonable that if that 1 person moves at the right time they can also kill those 6 people
belgear
Customer

Postby fox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:34 am

And of course no server restart or character restart in game with that new system?
Image Unaussprechlichen Kulten
Image De Furtivis Literarum Notis by Giovanni Battista della Porta
fox

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:37 am

fox wrote:And of course no server restart or character restart in game with that new system?

No restarts are planned for this new system.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Lusewing » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:45 am

JohnCarver wrote:
fox wrote:And of course no server restart or character restart in game with that new system?

No restarts are planned for this new system.

Simply from a testing stand point, having a restart would be counter prodictive. The Devs would have to wait at least a few months for all the new systems to be properly tested if it happened. Having a developed and diverce player base will give them much better, and faster, feedback.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements