PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:28 am

JohnCarver wrote:
LOMS wrote:You're right, JC, but people never been so vulnerable to this.

There was a time when claimstones didn't have upkeep at all.

Claimstone got his upkeep because previous developers were pissed off by claim spam.

JohnCarver wrote:I would argue players were more vulnerable at that time. In this situation all they have to do is waste claim this 'griefer' claim and knock it down costing the attacker 3500 silver and all that time border stoning a giant town around their town.

Aaaand I got their waste scents. They're dead.
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:30 am

LOMS wrote:Aaaand I got their waste scents. They're dead.

Working as intended.

If they are not prepared to defend themselves from those scents, then they shouldn't be assaulting neighboring towns and should instead just move away.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:32 am

JohnCarver wrote:
LOMS wrote:Aaaand I got their waste scents. They're dead.

Working as intended.

If they are not prepared to defend themselves from those scents, then they shouldn't be assaulting neighboring towns and should instead just move away.

That's what I said. Easy grief.
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:33 am

LOMS wrote:That's what I said. Easy grief.

Definition of easy I suppose. 3500 Silver, hundreds of granite, thousands of stones, would be for the vast majority a far cry from 'easy'.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:
LOMS wrote:That's what I said. Easy grief.

Definition of easy I suppose. 3500 Silver, hundreds of granite, thousands of stones, would be for the vast majority a far cry from 'easy'.

Why shoud I even bother myself with granite, when I can drop a bell near your favorite gates?
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:37 am

LOMS wrote:Why shoud I even bother myself with granite, when I can drop a bell near your favorite gates?

Whatever floats your boat :). Glad this patch will bring you amusement and me some fresh tears.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:44 am

JohnCarver wrote:
LOMS wrote:Why shoud I even bother myself with granite, when I can drop a bell near your favorite gates?

Whatever floats your boat :). Glad this patch will bring you amusement and me some fresh tears.

Or you can prevent this somehow. Unfortunately, you don't give good hats or anything else for healthy ideas, so I'll keep my easy solution for myself and let this patch fail.
Top 2 towns can drop asshole-bells almost everyday, for free.
LOMS

Postby KruskDaMangled » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 am

LOMS wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

Or you can prevent this somehow. Unfortunately, you don't give good hats or anything else for healthy ideas, so I'll keep my easy solution for myself and let this patch fail.
Top 2 towns can drop asshole-bells almost everyday, for free.

Because it will never get fixed without your infinite wisdom.

Right.

Tell us another one.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Arkadion » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 am

Is there any intent, (this patch or the one in January, with the mining system) to make braziers build-able in mines? Or any new source of defence inside mines?
Arkadion

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 am

Arkadion wrote:Is there any intent, (this patch or the one in January, with the mining system) to make braziers build-able in mines? Or any new source of defence inside mines?

We would like to add some level of D in mines. We are not positive as to how yet.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements