PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby Potjeh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:07 pm

So, summonable offences are just theft, vandalism and murder, right? Can any summoned criminal be killed with the cheaper version of Murder, or is that restricted just to summoned murderers?
Potjeh

Postby pestilence123 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Well, I'm a peaceful hermit and not to commit crimes. But what can I do if crime will come to me? Raiders put the waste claim on my town, I cant break it, because otherwise I will leave waste scents. I also cant attack / loot / kill raiders because these actions leave scents too. I cant be in the game 24/7, so leave scents = 100% my character is dead. It turns out that my only option wait until raiders break my defence or get bored and leave me alone. Why honest people cant defend themselves? I think you need differentiate concepts "crime" and "self-defense".
pestilence123

Postby hamai » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:42 pm

pestilence123 wrote:Well, I'm a peaceful hermit and not to commit crimes. But what can I do if crime will come to me? Raiders put the waste claim on my town, I cant break it, because otherwise I will leave waste scents. I also cant attack / loot / kill raiders because these actions leave scents too. I cant be in the game 24/7, so leave scents = 100% my character is dead. It turns out that my only option wait until raiders break my defence or get bored and leave me alone. Why honest people cant defend themselves? I think you need differentiate concepts "crime" and "self-defense".

I hope this is note the case... aggressors should not have the benefit of scents... if they initiate aggression the defender should obviously be free to attack without leaving scents... I'm a hermit too, this kills the hermit...
hamai

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 pm

pestilence123 wrote: Raiders put the waste claim on my town, I cant break it, because otherwise I will leave waste scents.

Wrong

pestilence123 wrote: I also cant attack raiders because these actions leave scents too.

Wrong

pestilence123 wrote:I cant be in the game 24/7, so leave scents = 100% my character is dead.

Wrong

pestilence123 wrote: It turns out that my only option wait until raiders break my defence or get bored and leave me alone.

Wrong

pestilence123 wrote:Why honest people cant defend themselves?

They Can, Wrong

pestilence123 wrote: I think you need differentiate concepts "crime" and "self-defense".

Congrats on your dunce cap. I dont' mind a "Few" Claeyt-like responses. But to literally put 6 consecutive lies and/or misunderstandings in a row on a thread of 27 pages that has the very answers inside it contradicting everything you have said certainly earns you the cap.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Claeyt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:21 pm

grapefruitv wrote:
LOMS wrote: healthy ideas

3,5k and a month of checking for scents to annoy enemies and be able to fight a criminal alt and possibly get killed in the process doesn't sound to me like something that requires any healthy ideas to be fixed.

3.5k???

Before this patch there was no way to punish raiders at all without having to raid their entire town so it's definitely an improvement over what we had.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby pestilence123 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:30 am

JohnCarver wrote:Congrats on your dunce cap. I dont' mind a "Few" Claeyt-like responses. But to literally put 6 consecutive lies and/or misunderstandings in a row on a thread of 27 pages that has the very answers inside it contradicting everything you have said certainly earns you the cap.

Sorry, I did not find the answers in the thread. Nothing about active defense except repairing walls / recharge braziers. But it's cool if we can fend off raiders without risk of getting TbC for our characters
Thanks for the hat, how can I remove it?
pestilence123

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:37 am

pestilence123 wrote: But it's cool if we can fend off raiders without risk of getting TbC for our characters

You can KO and send home a raider now without leaving any summon-able evidence. It wasn't a lack of the upcoming system, it was a complete lack of understanding of the current system as well.

pestilence123 wrote:Thanks for the hat, how can I remove it?

Don't theorycraft stuff in my announcement threads that are based on inaccuracies.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:42 am

pestilence123 wrote:Thanks for the hat, how can I remove it?

I could remove it for free, instead of paying the executioner. (Just for you btw)
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby pestilence123 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:47 am

Judaism wrote:I could remove it for free, instead of paying the executioner. (Just for you btw)

If this is only way I can do it myself. In any case, now it's a character with broken hat-slot.
pestilence123

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:55 am

No, now u have a l33t hat only the dev's can hand out!
tweenprinc3ss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements