PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby agentlemanloser » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Interesting. Also, is murder dependent on 350 C&D in all cases, or is it disallowed generally yet allowed during a TbC regardless of skill possession? I might have missed this clarification earlier, but it seems like, if murder restrictions are universal, that a TbC would typically result in a ransom/beating due to skill requirements?
agentlemanloser

Postby Xelsol » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 pm

So the scalps of murderers that can be turned in come from a ranger murdering the criminal or eye-for-an-eye?
Xelsol

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:08 pm

There are two ways to murder. One having a the scent which is 'revenge' and one not having the scent which is 'murder'.

Xelsol wrote:So the scalps of murderers that can be turned in come from a ranger murdering the criminal or eye-for-an-eye?

The scalps of murderers are only obtained by murdering the criminal indeed. Eye for an eye is less than lethal, so it wouldn't make much sense to have somebody walking around town without his scalp :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:12 pm

JohnCarver wrote:There are two ways to murder. One having a the scent which is 'revenge' and one not having the scent which is 'murder'.

Xelsol wrote:So the scalps of murderers that can be turned in come from a ranger murdering the criminal or eye-for-an-eye?

The scalps of murderers are only obtained by murdering the criminal indeed. Eye for an eye is less than lethal, so it wouldn't make much sense to have somebody walking around town without his scalp :).

I have a couple scalps of murderers will they be worthless after patch or can I turn them in.
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Existing murder scalps will most likely be worthless towards the new system.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Xelsol » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Not trying to beat this topic dead or anything, but just to clarify: A murderer that loses a TbC can either be perma-killed, scalp taken to be turned in, and 'ranger' leaves murder scent; eye-for-an-eye'd, left alive, but crippled, 'ranger' leaves no scent, but gets no reward (other than what victim might pay); or can pay a ransom to be left unaltered in anyway?
Xelsol

Postby agentlemanloser » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Interesting. I see that a "ranger" must leave a scent to justify the profession's cash-shop reward. I also see that you are creating a system where it is much more important to protect the sites of one's crimes, wherever possible. Is the coal-to-fire rate fixed, or are you still playing with it? A large enough base can easily have a functionally endless supply of coal. Frankly, you might consider requiring an alchemist to synthesize from coal a discrete brazier fuel, thus making defense planning a little more complicated than building two hundred coal clamps in a mine.
agentlemanloser

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Xelsol wrote:Not trying to beat this topic dead or anything, but just to clarify: A murderer that loses a TbC can either be perma-killed, scalp taken to be turned in, and 'ranger' leaves murder scent; eye-for-an-eye'd, left alive, but crippled, 'ranger' leaves no scent, but gets no reward (other than what victim might pay); or can pay a ransom to be left unaltered in anyway?

Pretty much yeah, but the ransom is optional to the attacker. He could deny the ransom offer.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby pestilence123 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 pm

I cant kill anyone if I do not buy skill in the store? Or how can I collect scalps to buy the murder skill, if I cant kill anyone without this skill?
pestilence123

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:55 pm

now all of you know why i have not logged on for more than 5 minutes a day over the last month and can stop asking!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements