PvP Insight/Heads UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: PvP Insight/Heads UP

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Lord_Avu wrote:Then what about an upgrade system, it would cost just as much as building it new but you can build a superior wall over an inferior one without having to destroy the old one.

yeah I like the idea of upgrading walls. But unfortunately it is not a priority as I don't consider the existing strategy of 'layering' walls all that broken.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Lord_Avu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:18 pm

Ok I can live with that as long as it's on a list somewhere to be done eventually thanks.

Oh yeah another thing will the 1000 shots how much coal will those need? Still the current amount (20? ) I hope it's not 1000.
Lord_Avu

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Does killing a criminal in trial leave a regular murder scent, or a bit more forgiving version?
Potjeh

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Will scent be wipe because i don't want to go to sleep then patch hits and wake up dead.
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Lord_Avu wrote:
Oh yeah another thing will the 1000 shots how much coal will those need? Still the current amount (20? ) I hope it's not 1000.

Each Coal now gives 50 shots.

Potjeh wrote:Does killing a criminal in trial leave a regular murder scent, or a bit more forgiving version?

You have two ways to harm the criminal, assuming you defeat him at his trial. True murder (leaves scent) and "Eye for an Eye" (No Scent) but also doesn't actually murder the player on trial, simply handicaps them.

AmmaBoss wrote:Will scent be wipe because i don't want to go to sleep then patch hits and wake up dead.

Nope. But the scents should adapt to the new times to a point. Not to mention the scents you make now already disappear in a max of 16 days or so. So if people are not up for a life of crime they better stop doing it asap.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ukhata » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 pm

do these 50 shots mean 1 activation?
how long will these activations last?
so what is the minimum time to empty a braziers activations?

also the current max damage for braziers will be 25 per area of influence
thus meaning 3 braziers or 1.5 maxxed out?

is the damage cap the same for torches?
can torches be upgraded with purity?
Ukhata

Postby Yasso » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 pm

JohnCarver wrote:You have two ways to harm the criminal, assuming you defeat him at his trial. True murder (leaves scent)

Then the ranger gets murdered for being a "criminal" huh?
Last edited by Yasso on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yasso

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 pm

What sort of handicap?

Oh, and does killing the ranger who leaves a murder scent in trial produce a sellable scalp? Seems exploitable if it does.
Last edited by Potjeh on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potjeh

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Lord_Avu wrote:

Each Coal now gives 50 shots.

Potjeh wrote:Does killing a criminal in trial leave a regular murder scent, or a bit more forgiving version?

You have two ways to harm the criminal, assuming you defeat him at his trial. True murder (leaves scent) and "Eye for an Eye" (No Scent) but also doesn't actually murder the player on trial, simply handicaps them.

AmmaBoss wrote:Will scent be wipe because i don't want to go to sleep then patch hits and wake up dead.

Nope. But the scents should adapt to the new times to a point. Not to mention the scents you make now already disappear in a max of 16 days or so. So if people are not up for a life of crime they better stop doing it asap.

A warning like 24 hours before the patch would be nice.
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Ukhata wrote:do these 50 shots mean 1 activation?
how long will these activations last?
so what is the minimum time to empty a braziers activations?

also the current max damage for braziers will be 25 per area of influence
thus meaning 3 braziers or 1.5 maxxed out?

is the damage cap the same for torches?
can torches be upgraded with purity?

50 shots mean 50 shots.
Activation times arn't changing
Minimum time to empty a brazier is approx 2 hours, assuming that player had 4,000 Black Bile, or a team that could absorb 4,000 Black Bile per hour.
Max for braziers I would estimate is somwhere around 160ish per volley. Nobody should concern themselves with max as the iron costs (@ 50s/bar to put max coverage on a base size town would well over a million silver.
There is no 'cap' for dmg braziers can do other than how silly you want to make your base as a giant checkerboard of braziers.
Damage cap is half for torches.
Torchposts should have purity eventually, unclear if we will finish that in time for this patch or not.

Yasso wrote:Then the ranger gets murdered for being a "criminal" huh?

Yep. Rangers should be doing Eye for an Eye to invoke justice. If they choose to 'murder' then they themselves are subjecting themselves to a TbC

Potjeh wrote:What sort of handicap?

Oh, and does killing the ranger who leaves a murder scent in trial produce a sellable scalp? Seems exploitable if it does.

Killing somebody who kills somebody with "Revenge" does not produce a sellable scalp. Only killing somebody who has killed another with true murder. We have played with a few different handicaps. We havn't decided on the final one yet.

AmmaBoss wrote:A warning like 24 hours before the patch would be nice.

This is your warning. Far in advance of 24 hours.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements