Darkness Friday!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Darkness Friday!

Postby Nektaris » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm selling it.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby alloin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Nektaris wrote:I'm selling it.

Nektaris wrote:Not for sale ! It's a gift from my dear friend Bob the Builder !

Anyway, PM me a price !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Nektaris » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:29 pm

oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby KruskDaMangled » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Icon wrote:At its core, thanksgiving is a celebration of when the Indians helped the pilgrims not die in the snow. Shortly before the pilgrims smallpox'd them all the way to Oklahoma.

Although nowdays its a day to cook a disgusting amount of food and hang out with relatives we don't even like.

Plus.... Turkey is ***** delicious

Not as delicious as Ham, but I'm biased. I love Ham.

It's more complicated of course. The pilgrims were douchier than that by far, and the holiday really didn't take off at all until a good 200 years later, and it was an evolution of a religious custom that preceded the Pilgrims by some time. Thanksgiving was initially thanking God for how good he was for allowing you not to starve to death for another year or die from some horrible disease or get murdered by some criminal/rampaging soldier who wanted food. You did this by spending all day in Church and basically not eating all that much because really, you cant' eat in Church so much, or make food.

Then people gradually decided that wasn't very much fun and was basically unnecessary and increasingly celebrated by going to Church for a normal length sermon on the topic, and then enjoying the bounty God brought by throwing a holiday party and showing off how good you were doing by getting a big goddamn Turkey or bird to show up the Jonses and make your inlaws jealous. That, and get hammered, dance a lot, and like, play various sports/shoot. So basically, a lot like what we do today.

That particular feast we know about, the Pilgrims went out, shot about 4 "fowl" (we don't know what they were, possibly Turkey, I would shoot a Turkey if I had a choice) got belligerently drunk, and decided to show those Savages who was boss by having a military drill and shooting their guns. Alarmed by this warlike behavior the locals sent a large party of people to see whether the Pilgrims were going to start a war with them, and seeing it was merely douchy grandstanding, invited themselves to dinner, and brought some deer to be gracious.

When more and more Pilgrims came and caused trouble later, there was an actual war, which did not go well for the locals.
KruskDaMangled

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:36 pm

KruskDaMangled wrote:When more and more Pilgrims came and caused trouble later, there was an actual war, which did not go well for the locals.

Not much did. King Phillip's War was not the first nor the last in long series of terrible events.

KruskDaMangled wrote:The pilgrims were douchier than that by far

Actually tho, the first generation of Pilgrims were alright, perhaps only by necessity, it was their children, and the constant waves of Puritans/other colonists that pretty much sucked.
pistolshrimp

Postby Dallane » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:13 pm

awesome deals
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Previous

Return to Announcements