Game Development: I'm on a boat, *and*...

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: I'm on a boat, *and*...

Postby sabinati » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:31 pm

jorb wrote:
sabinati wrote:
jorb wrote:*) Boat. There is now a rowboat available with Seamanship. Build it. Repair it with coal (will be tar whenever we have that.) Holds 4 objects and 2 passengers.

but this free boat ride coupon says "for 3"

Pardonez if I was unclear. Two passangers + one rower = free boat ride for three.

AWWWWW ****
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Potjeh » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:48 pm

It'd be awesome if you actually had to sail to get to the other colonies (ie servers).
Potjeh

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

sabinati wrote:AWWWWW ****

Get your towels ready, It's about to go down.
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Potjeh wrote:It'd be awesome if you actually had to sail to get to the other colonies (ie servers).

I was kind of assuming that servers would be geographical proximity related, but I guess there's quite a few different ways to do it.

Once darkness and churches are involved, I think salem will be less of a square of light surrounded by darkness, and more pockets of mild darkness between civilized areas.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby milonti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Sevenless wrote:I was kind of assuming that servers would be geographical proximity related, but I guess there's quite a few different ways to do it.

Once darkness and churches are involved, I think salem will be less of a square of light surrounded by darkness, and more pockets of mild darkness between civilized areas.

I kinda hope its the opposite of this. Make it actually worthwhile to get to a town. And then only nice towns will build churches. Towns of raiders/grifers will just stay in darkness.
milonti

Postby darnokpl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 pm

milonti wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I was kind of assuming that servers would be geographical proximity related, but I guess there's quite a few different ways to do it.

I kinda hope its the opposite of this. Make it actually worthwhile to get to a town. And then only nice towns will build churches. Towns of raiders/grifers will just stay in darkness.

Let's hope that witches will find way to push darkness closer to churches.
darnokpl

Postby MisterTuggles » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm

jorb wrote:... it's goin' fast *and*...!

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

*) Swimming. Characters now swim when in deep water. Swimming reduces phlegm, and if you run out you'll be knocked out. Don't run out.
*) Boat. There is now a rowboat available with Seamanship. Build it. Repair it with coal (will be tar whenever we have that.) Holds 4 objects and 2 passengers.

The boats will behave graphically better if you update your clients.

Enjoy while we continue to slave away at other things. Loftar is working on multiple server support, and I'm implementing some new stuff.

Screw the boat, I want ice white hair!
MisterTuggles

Postby baronbowden » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 pm

the god complex comes free with the beard tuggles..
baronbowden

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Thx for the update.
ElCapitan1701

Postby Droj » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

jorb wrote:Repair it with coal (will be tar whenever we have that.

I've noticed that boats have taken a significant amount of damage. Do they decay like any other object not on a claim or do they also take damage from wear/use? i.e. I left it sitting at the edge of a lake for a while whilst I collected some rocks nearby from the shore.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements