Game Development: I'm on a boat, *and*...

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: I'm on a boat, *and*...

Postby Darwoth » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 am

i dont mind permadeath when swimming, i mind the patch notes specifically saying you will be knocked out instead of killed and them not being accurate.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 am

upon testing criminal debuff + phlegm depletion KO while swimming does not result in death in non darkness areas.

darkness drain KO + no criminal debuff does not result in death.

darkness drain KO + criminal debuff does not result in death.

it appears only criminal debuff in the darkness while KO from swimming or just KO from swimming while in the darkness are the two possible dirtnap combinations.

so i guess the question is whether or not this is specific to darkness waters, or an unintended mechanic. another point of note is that the character in question while not on the character selection list does still have a claim on his lean to, i cant remember at the moment but i thought lean to's went unclaimed when their owner was killed?
Darwoth

Postby Glennfinnan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Darwoth wrote: thought lean to's went unclaimed when their owner was killed?

Leantos stay claimed after the owner dies so its possible to inherit them afaik.
Glennfinnan

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am

Darwoth wrote:it appears only criminal debuff in the darkness while KO from swimming or just KO from swimming while in the darkness are the two possible dirtnap combinations.

is it possible that it was combined with someone destroying your leanto to summon your crime char at the right time?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Chiprel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
Darwoth wrote:it appears only criminal debuff in the darkness while KO from swimming or just KO from swimming while in the darkness are the two possible dirtnap combinations.

is it possible that it was combined with someone destroying your leanto to summon your crime char at the right time?

Can't summon players(even those without homestead) when they are online and not in boston.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:49 am

Chiprel wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:

Can't summon players(even those without homestead) when they are online and not in boston.

yeah, but here is a situation i imagine.
his leanto is destroyed by a ranger.
he got KO'ed by swimming and got ported to Boston.
the ranger summoned him at the very moment he was sent to boston.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 am

Speaking of swimming KO (and any KO, I suppose), can this act as a 1-way teleport? Obviously its not too abusable, since what you can exchange this way is limited, but still not very nice :(
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:33 pm

_Gunnar wrote:Speaking of swimming KO (and any KO, I suppose), can this act as a 1-way teleport? Obviously its not too abusable, since what you can exchange this way is limited, but still not very nice :(

You lose all your items when KO'd, so why not just drop them and teleport back to base?
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:Speaking of swimming KO (and any KO, I suppose), can this act as a 1-way teleport? Obviously its not too abusable, since what you can exchange this way is limited, but still not very nice :(

You lose all your items when KO'd, so why not just drop them and teleport back to base?

wish backpack would keep all your items. i loved picking up a stone and logging out for a free tele
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:

Derp, silly me. :?
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements