December Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: December Patch Warnings

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am

ericbomb wrote:any hint onto how far into darkness a witch will need to be before damage stops being dealt?

Approx 20% in.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:27 am

*Alt vaulting will no longer be a thing. I will reserve the right to can any items on any characters that have valuable things on no-homestead alts. If you dont' want it to be considered an 'alt-vault' then it better have a leanto in the world. End of story.

ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:53 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Alt vaulting will no longer be a thing. I will reserve the right to can any items on any characters that have valuable things on no-homestead alts. If you dont' want it to be considered an 'alt-vault' then it better have a leanto in the world. End of story.

So we can still alt vault as long as the alt has a leanto?
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:57 am

DarkNacht wrote:So we can still alt vault as long as the alt has a leanto?

To be more specific. Characters with Leantos will have their inventories accessible while offline.

So yes, you can leanto characters in your base and the alt-vault mechanics won't have much effect on you, but you also won't have a tremendous benefit either as those items are just as safe in a chest next to the leanto as they are in your characters inventory.

Before anybody complains about characters without homesteads.... we have it all worked out. I don't feel like turning this thread into every in and out of it all. This is simply the warning that if you must keep goods on an 'alt' make sure he is tagged up to a leanto before the patch hits.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby summertime » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:00 am

JohnCarver wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:So we can still alt vault as long as the alt has a leanto?

To be more specific. Characters with Leantos will have their inventories accessible while offline.

So yes, you can leanto characters in your base and the alt-vault mechanics won't have much effect on you, but you also won't have a tremendous benefit either as those items are just as safe in a chest next to the leanto as they are in your characters inventory.

Before anybody complains about characters without homesteads.... we have it all worked out. I don't feel like turning this thread into every in and out of it all. This is simply the warning that if you must keep goods on an 'alt' make sure he is tagged up to a leanto before the patch hits.
'

:lol: holy ****

Question: will larceny be needed to access those "offline" items?
summertime

Postby Haukeye » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:08 am

Welp, that ends my silver shop purchases. I understand that it is a more fair mechanic. But not at the cost of my wallet.
I AM Bankee
Haukeye

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:11 am

Yes, Larceny will be required.

And Yes, those who were only willing to buy store-items because they thought they could keep them 100% safe, did not read the disclaimer as well as maybe they should :). Players should certainly not buy anything else from teh store if they are not prepared to lose it. Nothing in Salem should be 100% safe. Anything that created 100% safety of bases or items was quite simply an exploit. Bugs which we are now fixing since this month is indeed the pvp month.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Haukeye » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:20 am

JohnCarver wrote:Yes, Larceny will be required.

And Yes, those who were only willing to buy store-items because they thought they could keep them 100% safe, did not read the disclaimer as well as maybe they should :). Players should certainly not buy anything else from teh store if they are not prepared to lose it. Nothing in Salem should be 100% safe. Anything that created 100% safety of bases or items was quite simply an exploit. Bugs which we are now fixing since this month is indeed the pvp month.

You're killing me John, you're dag gum killing me. No Christmas card for you this year!
I AM Bankee
Haukeye

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 am

Haukeye wrote:You're killing me John, you're dag gum killing me. No Christmas card for you this year!

You know deep down I love you, and all Salemites. But I simply lose too much sleep at night having nightmares of all the things that are not being stolen from each other due to the horrible underworld of alt-vaulting.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Haukeye » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:33 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Haukeye wrote:You're killing me John, you're dag gum killing me. No Christmas card for you this year!

You know deep down I love you, and all Salemites. But I simply lose too much sleep at night having nightmares of all the things that are not being stolen from each other due to the horrible underworld of alt-vaulting.

Hey, it's your loss. I was gonna throw a buck in that card. You could of went to a fancy restaurant for dinner :cry:
I AM Bankee
Haukeye

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements