December Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: December Patch Warnings

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Argentis wrote:
NordErdTod wrote:
Nezrukas wrote:Jc, maybe u do something amulet vs witch?
I think that good idea. Resist curses, or mirror amulet(get back curses witch). ;)

A sort of protection from the church. Or witch will do their own to counter the other witches.

Well that will make witchcraft useless, unless it is a temporary buff for which you must pay or work hard. If it is a constant item granting protection - everyone would try to get one.

Unless it's a very expensive one-use only item.
I think that if it costs 2k silver that would make it balanced.

Have it made out of a Cross-Shaped Wood Splinter and Crown of Thorns. It would decay when you wear it lasting 24 hours and do blood damage like the Crown of Thorns.
DarkNacht

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
I think that good idea. Resist curses, or mirror amulet(get back curses witch). ;)

A sort of protection from the church. Or witch will do their own to counter the other witches.

Have it made out of a Cross-Shaped Wood Splinter and Crown of Thorns. It would decay when you wear it lasting 24 hours and do blood damage like the Crown of Thorns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_bottle
pistolshrimp

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Perhaps something like that would make sense when witchcraft would be in its late stage. Currently it is in its early stage and it is unbalanced for the Witch. Nerfing witches now by creating something simular would be stupid IMO.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Argentis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:40 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:

So more something like a revenge bomb? You make it, it's expensive and by throwing it into a fire you have:
a) a small chance to kill the witch
b) a chance to make the witch lose its powers
c) cancel their power for a set period of time
d) lower their max humours
e) Something else?

Would be cool.
Argentis

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Argentis wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:Jc, maybe u do something amulet vs witch?

So more something like a revenge bomb? You make it, it's expensive and by throwing it into a fire you have:
a) a small chance to kill the witch
b) a chance to make the witch lose its powers
c) cancel their power for a set period of time
d) lower their max humours
e) Something else?

Would be cool.[/quote]

Actually I agree with Judasim, I just threw that link up because it felt more appropriate than an amulet. There already are ways to get revenge on a witch.
pistolshrimp

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:58 am

pistolshrimp wrote:Actually I agree with Judasim, I just threw that link up because it felt more appropriate than an amulet. There already are ways to get revenge on a witch.

The amulet would be more of a Christian solution that would have a high cost to use for a short time and would not effect the witch just stop them whereas the witches bottle would be more of a trap one witch could set for another. But yes it is currently probably to early in the development of witchcraft to add more anti-witch mechanics.
DarkNacht

Postby jayt1990 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:55 am

Have to agree with a post earlier mentioning it would be stupid to nerf witchcraft before its fully formed. This suggestion would be interesting later on if we find out its OP when fully formed, but if not just dont AFK in prov?

Looking forward to todays patch!
jayt1990
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:34 am

jayt1990 wrote:Looking forward to todays patch!

I'd laugh if JC delayed the patch just because everyone is expecting it.
Last edited by DarkNacht on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:36 am

DarkNacht wrote:I'd laugh if JC delayed the patch just because everyone is expecting it.

:lol:
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nezrukas » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 am

jayt1990 wrote:Have to agree with a post earlier mentioning it would be stupid to nerf witchcraft before its fully formed. This suggestion would be interesting later on if we find out its OP when fully formed, but if not just dont AFK in prov?

Looking forward to todays patch!

It will be great if today :)
Nezrukas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements