December Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

December Patch Warnings

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:45 pm

The general 'warnings' for the December Patch

*Witches will become more and more shunned as time goes on and the full mechanic evolves. To Start, there is a HUGE probability that witches may be flagged the 'reverse' of Pilgrims, or otherwise be shunned from the light I.E. darkness drain or other negatives while in the presence of light. Players are encouraged not to study non-inspirationals and journey down the path of Witch-Craft if they are not prepared to live a harsher and more isolated life. The dark arts are very demanding.

*Alt vaulting will no longer be a thing. I will reserve the right to can any items on any characters that have valuable things on no-homestead alts. If you dont' want it to be considered an 'alt-vault' then it better have a leanto in the world. End of story.

*Hit Points on buildings are being drastically re-balanced and changed. As such, buildings that only have 1-2 decay ticks might suffer very severe side-effects after the patch. In addition to this, hit points upon repair is being reduced. As a result, ALL Pilgrims should take special care to make sure their buildings are 'topped off' and do not have any decay ticks or else they will most likely lose them to a single decay tick after the patch. Alternatively, you can ensure they are all on claim and will not suffer decay ticks in general, however, they may still turn a terrible color of red and then be much harder to repair than simply building a new one.

*Weekly Rent on stalls will most likely be doubled. Data has shown that the average stall is paying almost 1,000 Silver a week in taxes. Thus even at 500 silver a week the average stall would still be free. However, those not using their stalls would of course turn over faster.

*Items with 25 Difficulty will have an in-game way to 're-roll' their difficulty again. This is more or less a warning for anybody who is selling Mystery stuff at low prices due to the default difficulty. Just a general heads up that it will be 'fix'd' next patch.

*We will be nerfing the purity of your Braziers after the patch. 90% of you didn't know you had purity on braziers, and 99% of you didn't know what it did anyway. So carry-on. Just figured I would announce it that the "brazier purity grind" will be starting from near scratch after the next patch.

*Old Legacy flags (the ones that push your claim like borderstones) for towns will drain significantly more silver after the patch. Players have had enough time to replace them with borderstones by now. If they havn't done so yet, they should make it a priority.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: December Patch Warnings

Postby alloin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:51 pm

yes !!! i was talking about this with someone !!
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Lusewing » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:52 pm

I look forward to seeing what you all have planned for us the festive month, and I will keep a torch in hand to fend off the Dark.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby lachlaan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Lusewing wrote:I look forward to seeing what you all have planned for us the festive month, and I will keep a torch in hand to fend off the Dark.

What will witches hold in their hand the christmas after next, I wonder ... perhaps a monster heart to fend off the light? :D
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:01 pm

drat

say, hypothetically, that someone already has the witchcraft skill. Would only practicing witches suffer the taint and curse of their behaviour, or is simply having the knowledge enough to condemn them to an eternity of darkness in the lightness?

Kandarim wrote:hypothetically
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Lusewing » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Hopefully those who have lost their way can repent and be welcomed back into the Light's loving arms.
Last edited by Lusewing on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Kandarim wrote:drat

say, hypothetically, that someone already has the witchcraft skill. Would only practicing witches suffer the taint and curse of their behaviour, or is simply having the knowledge enough to condemn them to an eternity of darkness in the lightness?

I'll try to get some NPC in town that lets you 'unlearn' Witchcraft for a week or so each time we 'tweak' it. That way people who feel they signed up for something they didn't actually want have some kind of solution. If I fail to do so, however, I will still enjoy harvesting tears.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Scilly_guy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 pm

SO MUCH WIN
Scilly_guy

Postby ericbomb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Will there be different level of witches? Right now their power seems very simple. Will those that stay at the current level (stage 1?) feel as many negative effects as those that pursue the witch craft skills to the very end?
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:09 pm

ericbomb wrote:Will there be different level of witches? Right now their power seems very simple. Will those that stay at the current level (stage 1?) feel as many negative effects as those that pursue the witch craft skills to the very end?

Still being worked out.

Their powers might seem simple because players have not had nearly enough time to figure out how deep their rabbit hole goes yet.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements