Witch Tool for the Job

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Witch Tool for the Job

Postby pestilence123 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 am

JohnCarver wrote:Cannot replicate. My character without Ambitious Excavation digs @ 5%.

Looks like it's some kind of bug. A few days ago I dug lime by 5%, and now I dig by 15%. But I was not taking Ambitious Excavation.
pestilence123

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 pm

I hope as work is done on Witchy things, the reliance on the cash store will be alleviated.

-i'll add that I have spent hundreds on this game over the years. I do not mind supporting the game an community if work is being done, however, having a mechanic that relies on RNG thru real $ spent is not what I would like to see..
tweenprinc3ss

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:42 pm

tweenprinc3ss wrote:-i'll add that I have spent hundreds on this game over the years. I do not mind supporting the game an community if work is being done, however, having a mechanic that relies on RNG thru real $ spent is not what I would like to see..

There is no mechanic in the game that only relies on a player's RNG through $$ spent. So rest assured. Everything that we implement in Salem thus far has and can be obtained in-game.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:57 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Everything that we implement in Salem thus far has and can be obtained in-game.

I want to be able to craft your hat, a witch hat, a dunce hat and a fancy Binks mask.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Judaism wrote:I want to be able to craft your hat, a witch hat, a dunce hat and a fancy Binks mask.

Then I suggest you figure out how to get them in game.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:33 am

JohnCarver wrote:
tweenprinc3ss wrote:-i'll add that I have spent hundreds on this game over the years. I do not mind supporting the game an community if work is being done, however, having a mechanic that relies on RNG thru real $ spent is not what I would like to see..

There is no mechanic in the game that only relies on a player's RNG through $$ spent. So rest assured. Everything that we implement in Salem thus far has and can be obtained in-game.

Good to know! Thanks for all the hard work you guys have been doing. I was sad to ultimately quit, but when it became clear that the dev's didnt have the time or desire to put work into it, I could hardly see the point in trudging along. I think it's great it was taken over by some of the most enthusiastic players..
tweenprinc3ss

Postby Gacrux » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:13 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

gardeners shovel, gardeners pot, gnome.
Gacrux

Postby lachlaan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:37 pm

JohnCarver uses "Raid someone that has the thing you want and obtain it ingame" , it's super effective!
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Judaism » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:30 pm

lachlaan wrote:JohnCarver uses "Raid someone that has the thing you want and obtain it ingame" , it's super effective!

Yes, but if you track John's scents you get a questionmark. So whenever I want a dev hat, I somehow have to KO him, which he won't let. So his fancy dev hat, is not made for everyone. Theoretically its possible to get it but it just will never happen.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Gacrux » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Judaism wrote:
lachlaan wrote:JohnCarver uses "Raid someone that has the thing you want and obtain it ingame" , it's super effective!

Yes, but if you track John's scents you get a questionmark. So whenever I want a dev hat, I somehow have to KO him, which he won't let. So his fancy dev hat, is not made for everyone. Theoretically its possible to get it but it just will never happen.

Have you tried asking nicely?
Gacrux

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements