Witch Tool for the Job

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Witch Tool for the Job

Postby Procne » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

No no, he meant that the stuff you buy in shop is obtained, as in received, in game from the postman ¦]
Procne

Postby Dallane » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Procne wrote:No no, he meant that the stuff you buy in shop is obtained, as in received, in game from the postman ¦]

:lol:
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Zapt13 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:16 pm

JohnCarver wrote:There is no mechanic in the game that only relies on a player's RNG through $$ spent. So rest assured. Everything that we implement in Salem thus far has and can be obtained in-game.

No MECHANIC that relies on it. So I can't craft flint and steel, but since it's only used to light things I can use tinder drill and get the same result.

WE IMPLEMENT, is that only implemented since MM took over?

And is "obtained" a magic word that, as mentioned above, is a get-out-of-jail free card since we can murder and loot?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:20 pm

The fact you can obtain every item in the game, in the game, without ever using the store. Is all you 'need' to know in regards to QQ whine whine "I don't want to use the store" complaints. How, when, where, why you can get each item is up to the players to figure out.

There are at least a few players I have witnessed who have in their possession every item offered on the store, and yet I find, they have in no way made a store purchase. This shows me the system works just fine.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Zapt13 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Then for myself it probably looks something like: harvest cotton, skin beaver and bears, sell processed results, buy items from others with my free silver.

Good enough. I'd be happy to convert someone else's real money in to, for example, flint and steel, then give them 3 or 4 times the corresponding silver for it. I guess the only thing I can think of then are the bad caps that people cannot take off. Do they get to keep the hats after a dev or mod lets them remove them?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Zapt13 wrote:Then for myself it probably looks something like: harvest cotton, skin beaver and bears, sell processed results, buy items from others with my free silver.

Good enough. I'd be happy to convert someone else's real money in to, for example, flint and steel, then give them 3 or 4 times the corresponding silver for it. I guess the only thing I can think of then are the bad caps that people cannot take off. Do they get to keep the hats after a dev or mod lets them remove them?

You can remove the bad caps from other players.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:09 am

ITT people crying about OBTAINING items from the store
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:18 am

Pitchfork. Hurray..

You already harvest hay fast, why is this good?

-- Was very disappointed with this tool. For 10$, maybe it could pull 2 hay out instead of 1?? Never have I been sitting there bemoaning the time wasted pulling hay from the haybale.
tweenprinc3ss

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:08 am

tweenprinc3ss wrote:Pitchfork. Hurray..

You already harvest hay fast, why is this good?

-- Was very disappointed with this tool. For 10$, maybe it could pull 2 hay out instead of 1?? Never have I been sitting there bemoaning the time wasted pulling hay from the haybale.

It will certainly get a buff. Especially with the Animal Husbandry patch. For now though, it felt reasonable to have a single tool in there that was a bit below the rest as it makes the others that much better.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:10 am

JohnCarver wrote:It will certainly get a buff.

Hey, this is good to know.
tweenprinc3ss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements