November Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Halloween Patch Warnings

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Awww :cry:
Potjeh

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Potjeh wrote:Awww :cry:

?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:44 pm

IMO having real permadeath was one of the few areas where Salem was strictly superior to Haven. Oh well, at least you won't implement Einherjar Aspect (I hope).
Potjeh

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Potjeh wrote:IMO having real permadeath was one of the few areas where Salem was strictly superior to Haven. Oh well, at least you won't implement Einherjar Aspect (I hope).

I see, well I consider it to be quite brutal all the same. Inheritance in general was in need of some attention primarily because I want the only way to 'come home' from an expedition to be death. "inheriting" P-claims from a far-away land on providence wasn't really going to help you much so this is a way to still have some 'attachment' to the lineage of a character you sent on an Expedition.

I don't really see anybody inheriting in the hundreds of humors or anything crazy on Providence itself. Its more or less the first of two systems that are aimed to mitigate the whole "I'm a 5/5/5/5 again" feeling.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 pm

not so much the humours is what I would have an issue with (all in all, it's not THAT bad to get up to deer-fighting biles, even with their current levels).
It's the fact that you're moving so many things higher up in skills and that the proficiencies/skills are getting very slow. Sure, I can spawn an alt and with enough inspirationals get him quarrying in about half an hour. But when I need to restart on a char, I'm not just getting quarrying. I'm getting ALL of them. Very interested in what you are thinking of. Also, stop hinting at expeditions and release them already :D
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Kandarim wrote:not so much the humours is what I would have an issue with (all in all, it's not THAT bad to get up to deer-fighting biles, even with their current levels).
It's the fact that you're moving so many things higher up in skills and that the proficiencies/skills are getting very slow. Sure, I can spawn an alt and with enough inspirationals get him quarrying in about half an hour. But when I need to restart on a char, I'm not just getting quarrying. I'm getting ALL of them. Very interested in what you are thinking of. Also, stop hinting at expeditions and release them already :D

A player who 'plans his estate' will have a way for his or her heir to inherit a small % of his prof back as well.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 pm

I think thats a wise decision, I am a big fan of perma-death but apparently its too hard for most people to handle.

It will also open more possibilties to counter the effect, since dying will be less of an event.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby AngelOfSilence » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:42 pm

I hope this isnt just n% of ancestor stats, its something like buff to gluttony and inspirationals
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Cheena » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 pm

When a beginer dies he'll just cry and quit if he doesn't have the insurance that he'll get at least a little bit of what his previous char had. So a buff isn't enough imo. But something like 5% of the ancester sounds ok :) It's what I've always wanted tho. :D
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Cheena wrote:When a beginer dies he'll just cry and quit if he doesn't have the insurance that he'll get at least a little bit of what his previous char had. So a buff isn't enough imo. But something like 5% of the ancester sounds ok :) It's what I've always wanted tho. :D

5% would mean that at 200 biles you would come back a 10/10/10/10.

For such a return I would argue it wouldn't even be worth visiting the mechanic.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements