November Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Halloween Patch Warnings

Postby KruskDaMangled » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:08 pm

agentlemanloser wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:freedom and tolerance

This certainly is the myth of the pilgrims. Truth was they left the Netherlands because it was too liberal, they felt like it was going to make their children liberal as well.

Absolutely. These guys are part of the larger movement that felt it necessary to shut down the Globe theater in London, Shakespeare's stomping ground, and physically punish actors. Puritans would have felt right at home in a certain mountainous Middle Eastern nation. So, yes, nobody wanted them around in Europe, but then again they hardly wanted to be there as well (unless, of course, they could institute a theocracy). So, JC, you will be giving us a Merrymount option, yes?

People like that, yes. Actual Puritans of the sort you describe would probably be in a constant state of tension and distrust with the locals immediately given their similar disposition and being what they would think of as "Heathens". (If of course they lasted any amount of time. It's very likely that they would swiftly offend their new neighbors to a degree that would end in their swift demise. Even if you did stick them in during the time period they originally existed. The main difference would be that they would be enslaved and/or slaughtered mostly with knives, swords, and ugly sticks rather than AK-47's.)
KruskDaMangled

Postby lachlaan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:18 pm

Any ETA on how long it'll take to finish administering the server's new roid shot? Just so I know not to hold my breath too long :D I think I'm turning a bit purple already.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm

lachlaan wrote:Any ETA on how long it'll take to finish administering the server's new roid shot? Just so I know not to hold my breath too long :D I think I'm turning a bit purple already.

5-30 minutes.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements