Welcome Marp Tarpton

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Welcome Marp Tarpton

Postby alprice » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:40 am

Hmmmm I go away a few days and come back to something stirring the pot. I just wonder how much you like water? I am glad to see new blood or is it?? Welcome.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:35 am

Brona wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:Image

I'm not sure whether this is a man or a woman.

I most closely associate myself with the male gender.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Brona » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 am

MarpTarpton wrote:I most closely associate myself with the male gender.

Right on. Please forgive the brash nature of my statement. Marp is a rather ambiguous name in regards to gender. Is it a family name or has your oppressive taskmaster bestowed it upon you?
Brona

Postby trungdle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:15 am

Brona wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:I most closely associate myself with the male gender.

Right on. Please forgive the brash nature of my statement. Marp is a rather ambiguous name in regards to gender. Is it a family name or has your oppressive taskmaster bestowed it upon you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN3ni0UygYI
John gave names to all his co-workers:

he saw his slave works in the cage
drinking up so much caf until he's filled
he saw codes come out but he didn't know how
"ah ah hah, I think I'll call it Marp Tarpton"
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby ImpalerWrG » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:23 am

Procne wrote:Inventory and crafting menu icons had this simple, cartoonish / drawing style. But it seems to change now, for example coppergrinder icon or animal hearts. Many new icons are more detailed and realistic, but less... distinguishable. Does anyone else prefer the old style more?

Oh, and please remember that those icons are displayed on dark background, they don't look very well if they are dark / black themselves.

I agree, in fact I think this would be worthy of a thread of it's own in which the community can give feed back on the art-styles it likes/dislikes.
ImpalerWrG

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:57 pm

ImpalerWrG wrote:I agree, in fact I think this would be worthy of a thread of it's own in which the community can give feed back on the art-styles it likes/dislikes.

I bet you're the kind of person who doesn't like the French Fry. :(

Personally, I will entertain complaints about art that is difficult to see or discern. However, it's not likely that I'll take complaints regarding the art styles seriously as a form of feedback. I'll have to check with JC, but such vapid complaining may actually deserve a hat of its own. Our artists do their very best to mimic the style that existed prior to our involvement in the project and have so far met or exceeded expectations. That's why you have all the nice new things you do. If the community would prefer us to stem that flow in order to retain the highly subjective concepts of artistic quality and consistency, then by all means, proceed.

Of course our goal is for you to enjoy the art, however we're not very worried about it as art can easily be redone if it must and we are confident that nothing we've put into the game has been too different or too terrible. We're worried about you enjoying the game mechanics, pacing, levels of interaction, the grind, new systems, combat, leveling, progression, etc.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby trungdle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Marp will you survive in this forum? You seem to take those words too seriously. Nobody force you to do so. Spit them back.
But yeah, I think the grindstone could use a bigger black liner outside to look more alike with old icons
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Scilly_guy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:53 pm

How about complaints such as WHY ARE LIVE LOBSTERS RED????
Scilly_guy

Postby lachlaan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Scilly_guy wrote:How about complaints such as WHY ARE LIVE LOBSTERS RED????

They come pre-boiled, just sufficiently. I mean, do you reckon we could ever feed their thirst for tears entirely? Other critters need to chip in as well to satiate the overlords.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Scilly_guy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Lobster tears are a rare drop from banding a lobster, I did not realise ;)
Scilly_guy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements