Sounds like Stalls

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Sounds like Stalls

Postby Nagualcina » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 am

Stalls should be able to buyout stuff aswel, according to owner price and demand.

It`s not likely that new character that working on their stats have money to get stall and from other side, without stall its hard to accumulate cash for eventual future one. If owner of stall have ability to buyout certain good that he demand lower players would be able o focus on that production and earn some money to spend or stash. I`m playing for a month and stashed loads of decent value materials that i would sold dirty cheap to stall but not feel like hanging in Boston and yell and attract scammers (like i already did once).
Nagualcina

Postby Procne » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:41 am

Nagualcina wrote:Stalls should be able to buyout stuff aswel, according to owner price and demand.

It`s not likely that new character that working on their stats have money to get stall and from other side, without stall its hard to accumulate cash for eventual future one. If owner of stall have ability to buyout certain good that he demand lower players would be able o focus on that production and earn some money to spend or stash. I`m playing for a month and stashed loads of decent value materials that i would sold dirty cheap to stall but not feel like hanging in Boston and yell and attract scammers (like i already did once).
I think the ideal situation would be some stall owners hiring suppliers and reselling their goods on stalls. I hoped it was already starting judging by this post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8678&start=50#p154346

It seems it was only 1-time thing. Maybe if stall owners were "pushed" a bit more...
Procne

Postby Arkadion » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 pm

I think there is a small bug with the stalls. I wanted to buy some high purity cabbage and I found a stall that sold 7.14%. I bought the first, then checked again the purity. For the second, it was the same on the stall (7.14) but after I bought it, it was 6.65 in my inventory. I did not close the stall window after the first buy.

I guess that the first item to be sold appeares as top image and the information doesn't update after it is bought. Maybe if the window is closed, the information might reset, but I don't think that closing the window for each buy is a viable thing.
Arkadion

Postby Murphy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:50 am

JohnCarver wrote:Town Changes

Border Stones are now the Political Object used to extend the border of a town. They claim the previous land size of a Cross of Saint George and add 90 authority now. Their drain has been reduced and larger towns are now cheaper to pay for.

Border stones are now significantly more materials to build.

Cross of Saint George now add 360 Authority but cost a much higher per day usage. They are only meant for raising authority for the purpose of eminent domain or the standing with Mr. Bryberry. They do not claim any land.

Political Objects must be spaced away a minimum distance away from each other. Border stones have a fairly large radius in which they must be separated. Crosses, are less.

Legacy Political Objects should behave as they always have. Therefore, players should not need to make any changes to their existing authority objects. However, they may not see the same benefits of reduced authority drain until they do.

I'm not sure how many people have suggested this/complained about this before, but it would be very, very neat if you could update or simply remove the radius shown by the Cross of Saint George and the Boundry Stone as both are highly inaccurate nowadays.

Murphy

Postby Lusewing » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:51 am

I think thats just showing the radius on how close they can be to another authoraty object, not sure though.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:52 am

They are both very relevant. They should how 'close' you can build them to other objects of the same type. To prevent making giant farms of them that are all 1 tile apart from one another.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Murphy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:00 am

JohnCarver wrote:They are both very relevant. They should how 'close' you can build them to other objects of the same type. To prevent making giant farms of them that are all 1 tile apart from one another.

Aha, alright, that's good to know, thanks!
Murphy

Postby saffgee » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Can I see what upkeep is on my stall ? I sold stuff which resulted in an account balance of over 7k silver, but come the end of the week it still wanted a deposit which I think was about 350 or so. By my calculation at 35% tax, I should have had an offset of over 3k on the stuff I sold, so now I'm not sure what s what anymore ? Has something changed ? Is my upkeep 3,5k ?
Also, how long does each offset last for - does it carry over to the following week ?
saffgee
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Upkeep is only 350s.

It will 'ask' for new weekly rent of 350 each week. If you sell more stuff DURING that week it will stop asking.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Upkeep is only 350s.

It will 'ask' for new weekly rent of 350 each week. If you sell more stuff DURING that week it will stop asking.

It will be a very nice thing, if you add more info about the rent on stall - like how many hours left before stall become inactive, and how many silver you need to pay at the moment.
LOMS

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements