Sounds like Stalls

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Sounds like Stalls

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:20 am

ImpalerWrG wrote:How much of the 35% tax is distributed to top 10 towns??
Dose each town receive an equal distribution or is it proportional to their authority?
How often are funds transferred?
What happens when maintenance is not payed on a stall, and how often must payments be made?

20% of the TOTAL sales price is distributed by His Majesty in Tax Refunds.
Towns do not receive equal distribution. A top 10 Town is gaining the sum of silver as the two towns below them. I.E. #4 Town is getting a refund = to #5 + #6.
Funds are transferred at the point of each sale, taxes are not rounded, instead the stalls keep fractional taxes and disperse each time it runs over 1.
If a maintenance is not paid by the stall then you surrender it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:23 am

yes it does look like there might be an issue with rock sizes. Investigating.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:24 am

it was doing that (with regard to 1 hit boulders) before the patch at some old dumps i had passed by, figured it was just a fluke until all of them did it.
Darwoth

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:25 am

Darwoth wrote:it was doing that (with regard to 1 hit boulders) before the patch at some old dumps i had passed by, figured it was just a fluke until all of them did it.

Well it seems very related to the fact that rocks can now spawn things under them. It is very possible that messed with their sizes.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Orcling » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:29 am

I wish this applied to rocks from caveins, I could clean my mine oh-so-quickly then.
Orcling

Postby bologna_man00 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:30 am

If it helps, picking up a boulder and placing it again seems to return it to normal. However, everything that I chip now has 0% purity
bologna_man00

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:32 am

Yes this is odd in the way it is working. It appears legacy boulders are being all that is effected. Unfortunately, it would have been an easier fix if it was all the boulders. This may take a bit to fix, and it doesn't seem priority enough to shut down the server while we do. So take this as a

*WARNING* that your legacy boulders may only have 1 rock in them until this is fixed.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby trungdle » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:32 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Darwoth wrote:it was doing that (with regard to 1 hit boulders) before the patch at some old dumps i had passed by, figured it was just a fluke until all of them did it.

Well it seems very related to the fact that rocks can now spawn things under them. It is very possible that messed with their sizes.

heheh admit it you were too lazy to lift them up for testing so you make them instant poof AND forgot to revert that change.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:36 am

trungdle wrote:
heheh admit it you were too lazy to lift them up for testing so you make them instant poof AND forgot to revert that change.

LoL... would be funny. In reality, I spawned fresh boulders for testing, and never bothered to go chip random legacy boulders after changing.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Orcling » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:39 am

JohnCarver wrote:
trungdle wrote:

LoL... would be funny. In reality, I spawned fresh boulders for testing, and never bothered to go chip random legacy boulders after changing.

It affects ore boulders too, and boulders from caveins. And lime.

Tested all of 'em.

Edit: And granite

Unless you fix it, nobody, and especially not new players, will be able to build stone hedges. Or pave. Or do anything with stone, really. You cant mine out rock from the get go, especially not granite.
Last edited by Orcling on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orcling

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements