I Saw some Tools

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: I Saw some Tools

Postby Procne » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:19 am

So the woodworking impact on cutting boards has been removed only to make space for cash shop items?
Procne

Postby Heffernan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:59 am

no cows yet? /disappoint
Heffernan

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:26 am

Procne wrote:So the woodworking impact on cutting boards has been removed only to make space for cash shop items?

I guess the new devs secret identity has been finally revealed - they're Zynga. Inb4 they put a limit on how much phlegm you can spend in a day and then sell us "energy" to circumvent the limit.

Next patch we're getting cotton combs. Cleaning cotton by hand reduced to 10% of it's current speed, and also causes 20% blood damage per cotton ball cleaned.
Potjeh

Postby RonPaulFTW » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:08 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*Mortar now also takes an egg.

The brick wall was already ridiculously expensive. Oh the tears.
RonPaulFTW

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:16 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:The brick wall was already ridiculously expensive. Oh the tears.

We will most likely be revisiting the brick wall and the mats with the raiding mats. It is in the game now for those who wanted to get a jump on it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:29 pm

OK, so I actually tried out the stone saw, and it's not as terrible as it sounds, so I retract my comment. Still, it's a bit ridiculous for a *stone* saw to be the best we can make ourselves. IMO stone saw should be a newbie tool that works as slow as the old board cutting speed. Then add an iron saw that works as fast as the current stone saw, and rename the cash store saw to steel saw or fyne saw or whatever. And for extra tears make saw blades wear out like knife blades, so there's a constant demand for iron. Of course, then the cash shop saw's power should lie in the handle rather than the blade, just like it is with the hunting knife.
Potjeh

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Potjeh wrote:OK, so I actually tried out the stone saw, and it's not as terrible as it sounds, so I retract my comment. Still, it's a bit ridiculous for a *stone* saw to be the best we can make ourselves. IMO stone saw should be a newbie tool that works as slow as the old board cutting speed. Then add an iron saw that works as fast as the current stone saw, and rename the cash store saw to steel saw or fyne saw or whatever. And for extra tears make saw blades wear out like knife blades, so there's a constant demand for iron. Of course, then the cash shop saw's power should lie in the handle rather than the blade, just like it is with the hunting knife.

Yes, we plan on implementing a few saws in between the two, as well as another butcher knife or two.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Fine leather handles plox ¦]
Potjeh

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Here's an idea for another cash shop tool: pruning shears - increase speed of harvesting from trees and bushes. It'd be nice to speed up picking branches especially.
Potjeh

Postby Procne » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Careful, or we end up cluttering half of our inventory with tools
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements