I Saw some Tools

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

I Saw some Tools

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:23 am

Greetings Salemites,
Quick little patch which is our 'Store' update for September. Hunting Knives, Pitchforks, Rolling Pins, & Hand Saws may now be found in the Mystery Tool Box.

***NOTE***
When we add the profession packs back, each profession will have their corresponding tool in their pack. The toolbox is a cheaper alternative for people who want to let a little RNG determine their tool.

*Fixed issue with Bones taking too much wear on butchering.
*Dry Boards have been moisturized with Procne's tears and are now less grey.
*Pitch Forks now gather from a haystack @ a very quick rate.
*Base Haystack gather speed is now 20%
*Hunting Knives now butcher @ a very quick rate.
*Players must now have a saw to cut boards
*New Item: Stone Saw, Speeds up the rate at a saw buck.
*Hand Saws now Saw a Sawbuck @ a very quick rate.
*Hunting Knives Produce a Hunting Knife Hilt when the wear is 100% and can be replaced witha knife blade similar to a butcher knife.
*Baking Table speeds have been doubled.
*All Dough Recipes are now increased significantly by holding a rolling pin.
*Mortar now also takes an egg.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: I Saw some Tools

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:36 am

JohnCarver wrote:Greetings Salemites,
Quick little patch which is our 'Store' update for September. Hunting Knives, Pitchforks, Rolling Pins, & Hand Saws may now be found in the Mystery Tool Box.

Salem's Store is now Pay 2 Win again ¦] ¦] ¦]
$10 USD, damn!
Michael

Postby Thor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trungdle wrote:Good point. Now let us propose to JC so he can add egg to the current recipe. ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦]

JohnCarver wrote:

Alex, I'm coming for your scalp really soon.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby RyanS77 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:48 am

Thor wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trungdle wrote:Good point. Now let us propose to JC so he can add egg to the current recipe. ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦]

JohnCarver wrote:

Alex, I'm coming for your scalp really soon.

^^^
RyanS77

Postby jesi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 am

where is the recipe for the hunting knife hilt?
I can make a butcher knife hilt and a knife blade.

edit: oh I see it is a store item
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby lachlaan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 am

I appreciate that in the future (how distant a future I don't know) we might need hay for proper animal husbandry, but as it stands we barely need any of it to tier a decent amount of crops, and the pitchfork in there just seems like getting the short straw from the toolbox. Between the pitchfork and the hunting knives (which aren't even pure, so the only use might be eating through a couple of deers quickly to feed a coop/bin farm), the box offers a bit of useless bonus that wasn't exactly that lacking as it is. Butchering knives are pretty fast, and I've never once found myself grumbling about hay collecting speed (perhaps because I used to play "Autumn Grass: The Game" before). Baking tables did need some love perhaps, but I didn't even get to test the cooking set with the new speed scaling you'd just introduced, so I assume it was bearably, however with the amount of food we need to make now, I am all for quicker cooking :) The hand saw was very much needed, so I'll have to check the speed of the bone saw, and if still inadequate for my consumeristic town, pray to all the gods of the lumberwoods that I get a bonesaw when I buy my first toolbox xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:28 am

Hunting knife can get purity by putting a purity knife blade on its hilt like any other knife.

Pitchfork is probably odd man out at the moment as you suggest, but with animal husbandry needing more hay I expect that to change.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 am

Okay, if it grabs the purity off the blade and retains speed then that's cool :) As for the pitchfork, looking forward to use it to feed the horses in my future barn :D Then I can go on a horseback bearhunt straight out of my own base, no more boston needed.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:00 am

lachlaan wrote: feed the horses in my future barn

BARN YOU SAY?!

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:03 am

Awwww yiss! Okay, I forgive you for eggs in mortar (not really, still hate chu :( passive grinds make me want to kill bears and dress their corpses in Sunday Gowns)

But yes, the barn looks great :) I'd say I'm looking forward to animal husbandry, and I am, but tbh after this monster of a patch you guys deserve something light to work on. So good luck with whatever's in the works. :) Still very happy with the patch, just .. expect dev island to get egged soon ._.
lachlaan
Customer

Next

Return to Announcements