September Developer Event

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: September Developer Event

Postby GrimF4ilure » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 am

It's insane how long these carver pies take to cook having to baby sit the ovens for hours is not fun. :( I really hope I get better luck with these than I did with the devils wort and rose and huckle berries I got form Meow pies...
GrimF4ilure
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 am

To be fair, you don't have to baby sit them. The carver pies should retain their cooked point, and start back up from it, even if the oven goes out.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby GrimF4ilure » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:40 am

Indeed they do but I want them as soon as possible :) But it was a good event glad I attended.
GrimF4ilure
Customer

Postby fuzzball » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am

Am I wrong but isn't there a few chances for this event. I missed out from being confused in timing and was probably sleeping. =O
fuzzball

Postby pestilence123 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:43 am

Made 54 different dishes. Waited 2 hours to win 5 pies. Got a handful of nuts and berries. It would be better to go to sleep instead of event.
pestilence123

Postby RonPaulFTW » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:17 pm

My three carver pies turned into shoes, rotten walnuts, salamander tails, and lots of turkey poop - both fertile and non fertile. Have to agree with biddas - should have skipped this event. I will be able to buy a radish in short time for much less silver than I could have made in those two hours plus prep time.

Combat event was the best IMHO.

These events are fine for noobs - dont get me wrong - I appreciate your efforts to grow the game.
Last edited by RonPaulFTW on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonPaulFTW

Postby jesi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:25 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:My three carver pies turned into shoes, rotten walnuts, and lots of turkey poop - both fertile and non fertile. Have to agree with biddas - should have skipped this event. I will be able to buy a radish in short time for much less silver than I could have made in those two hours plus prep time.

Combat event was the best IMHO.

These events are fine for noobs - dont get me wrong - I appreciate your efforts to grow the game.

Actually, I think the frustration level produced by this event - while great for producing tears - is liable to drive more people away.

Or to put it another way, looks like Biddass won again.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Orcling » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:29 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Yes, it did go a bit long. We will aim to try to keep dev events under 2 hours or so in the future.

But, what will you do if the population increases? Stop halfway through the first food you want? lol. If the client wasn't so laggy, people would've brought way more alts, too. But due to massive memory leaks everywhere all over the place, 3 clients at a time is pushing the limit.
Orcling

Postby Feone » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Orcling wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Yes, it did go a bit long. We will aim to try to keep dev events under 2 hours or so in the future.

But, what will you do if the population increases? Stop halfway through the first food you want? lol. If the client wasn't so laggy, people would've brought way more alts, too. But due to massive memory leaks everywhere all over the place, 3 clients at a time is pushing the limit.

I don't think the word "memory leak" means what you think it means.
Feone

Postby Orcling » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Feone wrote:
Orcling wrote:

I don't think the word "memory leak" means what you think it means.

The program/client uses way more of your pc's memory than it should, wanting more and more of it. A single client ain't that bad, but multiple client obviously amplify the ***** that is the Salem client. Memory leaks are like fat women eating cake. They expand faster than you can feed them.
Orcling

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements