September Developer Event

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

September Developer Event

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:03 am

Greetings Pilgrims!

The time has come to announce the next Developer event; a Bake Sale. We'll be doing it over a several hour time period beginning Sunday, September 28, 20:00 UTC (4 PM EDT / 1PM PDT for US players, 9:00 PM Central Europe, Midnight Moscow).

Both John and I will be in Boston selling Pies in exchange for various cooked foods both new and old. And these won't be just any old pies! They're special Mystery Pies, each of which will have a number of lovely surprises inside. At the time of the event, everyone should be in Boston with an inventory full of whatever delicious foods you think we might want. You will all be ported into the bake sale area where we will begin announcing what we are currently exchanging pies for. If you choose well, you might get several pies, but we will see that everyone who shows up gets at least one.

So get cooking! We intend to ask for all types of foods, from easy to very difficult.

Edit to Clarify: We will only ask for one piece of food per one pie. So, if you have one of a food in your inventory and we ask for it, you get one pie. If you have 20 of a food and we ask for that, you get 20 pies.

And as with all events of this nature, we will be enforcing a dress code. You may not come with default clothes and you may not be naked. If you want to try to alt spam us, at least go to the trouble of dressing them decently. Backpacks do not count as 'dress' and neither does throwing on a pair of shoes, we want to see outfits like a normal person would wear.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: September Developer Event

Postby RyanS77 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 am

I like pie.
RyanS77

Postby smakaka » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:23 am

Gött that will be soo fun, and i really like the new recipie and food area.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
smakaka
Customer

Postby Procne » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:02 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Greetings Pilgrims!

The time has come to announce the next Developer event; a Bake Sale. We'll be doing it some time next weekend over a several hour time period. The exact start time to be determined in the next day or so.

Both John and I will be in Boston selling Pies in exchange for various cooked foods both new and old. And these won't be just any old pies! They're special Mystery Pies, each of which will have a number of lovely surprises inside. At the time of the event, everyone should be in Boston with an inventory full of whatever delicious foods you think we might want. You will all be ported into the bake sale area where we will begin announcing what we are currently exchanging pies for. If you choose well, you might get several pies, but we will see that everyone who shows up gets at least one.

So get cooking! We intend to ask for all types of foods, from easy to very difficult.

Will you be requesting just a specific recipies (so it's enough to have 1 of each) or for specific recipies in specific quantity (so that we must have desired quantity in order to count)?
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:09 am

Procne wrote:
Will you be requesting just a specific recipies (so it's enough to have 1 of each) or for specific recipies in specific quantity (so that we must have desired quantity in order to count)?

We will only be asking for one recipe with a quantity of one. However, if you were to bring 5 of those items to the event, then you would get 5 of the mystery pies as there is no limit to the number of times you can trade. So you could go all in with a full inventory of one food, or you could try to bring a wealth of different foods to increase your odds to win.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:14 am

Time to make pockets...

What if I will be in Boston, carrying a chest full of food over my head - will I be teleported with the chest?
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:26 am

Procne wrote:Time to make pockets...

What if I will be in Boston, carrying a chest full of food over my head - will I be teleported with the chest?

Pockets will work. Chest will not.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm

One question, should we make 24 types of food and put them in our inventory or make only 1 or 2 foods and put a lot of those in our inventory? I'm asking this because i dont know will you be wanting 1 cabbage cake or 10 of them :|
Rifmaster

Postby Procne » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Rifmaster wrote:One question, should we make 24 types of food and put them in our inventory or make only 1 or 2 foods and put a lot of those in our inventory? I'm asking this because i dont know will you be wanting 1 cabbage cake or 10 of them :|

JohnCarver wrote:
Procne wrote:

We will only be asking for one recipe with a quantity of one. However, if you were to bring 5 of those items to the event, then you would get 5 of the mystery pies as there is no limit to the number of times you can trade. So you could go all in with a full inventory of one food, or you could try to bring a wealth of different foods to increase your odds to win.
Procne

Postby lachlaan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Oooh can't wait for this :) The other cooking event was pretty fun, but it was very lag-reliant. This is going to be a bit alt-reliant, but ah well xD hopefully I guess some foods!
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Next

Return to Announcements