Purely Food

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Purely Food

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:26 pm

lachlaan wrote:Any ETA on the next patch? :) Just out of curiosity, the last one is more than enough content to last ages :P Still farming eggs, grumble grumble.

Soon*
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Binks » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Binks wrote:You suck John Carver.

QFT
Binks

Postby trungdle » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Binks wrote:
Binks wrote:You suck John Carver.

QFT

Sorry for my eastern innocent, but do you really mean it? I mean, dude, we used to wait years for one line of update that says "update forum engine" (it is not even related to the game)
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby ImpalerWrG » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:37 am

JohnCarver wrote:Yes I know, I didn't feel like putting the feasting table in some noob skill, so it got launched in the high-tier skill without the rest of the high-tier cabinet maker-type structures. We will try to expand more on that skill soon*

Then just call the skill 'Master Carpentry', if it is not actually the highest tier of Carpentry 'Journeyman Carpentry' to indicate their are a mix of things made available from the skill.
ImpalerWrG

Postby Procne » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Is this intended that smoked oyster meat is classified as "any shellfish" and doesn't have any specific ingredient properties? Food made with it doesn't have "made with oyster"
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Procne wrote:Is this intended that smoked oyster meat is classified as "any shellfish" and doesn't have any specific ingredient properties? Food made with it doesn't have "made with oyster"

Good catch... Will fix.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby CINAR » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:37 pm

while opening an oyster with a sharpened stick or smashing a crab I can do this only twice and stick or stone becomes transparent on screen and I cant put it back to inventory. only way to put it back is dropping it on solid ground and picking up again. But after prying or smashing just once I can put the stick or stone back into inventory without any problem. This happens only after second usage. Is this a bug or something related with the client (using Latikai's) ?????? :?: :?:
CINAR

Postby Scilly_guy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:43 pm

CINAR wrote:while opening an oyster with a sharpened stick or smashing a crab I can do this only twice and stick or stone becomes transparent on screen and I cant put it back to inventory. only way to put it back is dropping it on solid ground and picking up again. But after prying or smashing just once I can put the stick or stone back into inventory without any problem. This happens only after second usage. Is this a bug or something related with the client (using Latikai's) ?????? :?: :?:

Yeah thats a bug that several people have reported, its been around for a while, maybe now they will look into it.
Scilly_guy

Postby Xelmoth » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:06 pm

if the fire went out before pektin or dumplins are finished cocking it does not go on when I give new fire. I have to take the copper pot down and but it back on. After this he whole process starts again.

Is this on purpose? So we have to guard the fire? It seems not that important to me so even if it is on purpose could you change it so it just continues?
Xelmoth

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Xelmoth wrote:if the fire went out before pektin or dumplins are finished cocking it does not go on when I give new fire. I have to take the copper pot down and but it back on. After this he whole process starts again.

Is this on purpose? So we have to guard the fire? It seems not that important to me so even if it is on purpose could you change it so it just continues?

Yes we are aware of this issue. Its on our radar to fix but wasn't exactly simple to do so. In the meantime it remains a 'chore.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements