SEPTEMBER Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: SEPTEMBER Patch Warnings

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:11 am

Eivind wrote:Steam Distillers too?

Nah, Steam Distillers should be fine.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:28 am

Eivind wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Your alchemy stuff is probably going to POOF after the patch as it doesn't work with the new purity system. I would take your valuables out of them asap.

Steam Distillers too?

Troll Dev: Buy a ***** of glass to make this new thing, hahahahahaha, now I'm going to destroy it. ¦]
DarkNacht

Postby lachlaan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:31 am

DarkNacht wrote:
Eivind wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Your alchemy stuff is probably going to POOF after the patch as it doesn't work with the new purity system. I would take your valuables out of them asap.

Steam Distillers too?

Troll Dev: Buy a ***** of glass to make this new thing, hahahahahaha, now I'm going to destroy it. ¦]

All the other alch equipment was a **** ton of glass as well, a smaller **** ton, but some **** tons of glass are just smaller than others. Fingers crossed they don't bite the bucket :P
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Eivind » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:36 am

Will there be a way to obtain Iron Pyrite after the patch and seasonal stall update? Or we should buy a ton in advance?
derkultenwitchshatImagebroomanimustoeoffrogeyeofnewthowletswingshivertimbers
Eivind

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 am

Eivind wrote:Will there be a way to obtain Iron Pyrite after the patch and seasonal stall update? Or we should buy a ton in advance?

That is entirely up to his majesty.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 am

lachlaan wrote:
DarkNacht wrote: Troll Dev: Buy a ***** of glass to make this new thing, hahahahahaha, now I'm going to destroy it. ¦]

All the other alch equipment was a **** ton of glass as well, a smaller **** ton, but some **** tons of glass are just smaller than others. Fingers crossed they don't bite the bucket :P

Yeah but the other stuff has been around for a while, the Distillers are new which would have made it an extra big ***** move to wipe them, especially because JC was the one that made them not Jorbtar.
DarkNacht

Postby Potjeh » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 am

Will stuff inside distillers (ie half-full rose otto vials) be fine too?
Potjeh

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Potjeh wrote:Will stuff inside distillers (ie half-full rose otto vials) be fine too?

Everything inside distillers 'should' be fine. It is the other equipment that is getting blanked as I intend for the other equipment to be more for the impurity system which won't be in yet.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Tomki » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:43 pm

This patch seems quite enormous. And still you are adding more and more content with each update. Gotta admire your work..

I also saw the market district north of Providence. Maybe there is still little hope for player owned stalls appearing some day ;)
Tomki

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Tomki wrote:This patch seems quite enormous. And still you are adding more and more content with each update. Gotta admire your work..

I also saw the market district north of Providence. Maybe there is still little hope for player owned stalls appearing some day ;)

We are doing what we can and appreciate the patience from the community as we continue to learn and grow into Salem development. I would remind everybody that this is our first major project and we were nowhere near the skill level, speed, and competency of Jorb & Loftar when it comes to pure development. What we lack in knowledge we are trying to counterbalance in just brute force commitment. And yes, player stalls are aimed to the the next patch after the Purity one. Somewhere in October we should have them in.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements