SEPTEMBER Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: SEPTEMBER Patch Warnings

Postby Old_Longshanks » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Vision Quest Complete^

Please click this link for a better salem experience

Scalp Counter: 100
Dallane Posts: 6884Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Whats this? when I click it asks me to confirm..
but im unsure of what im confirming?
He waits... that's what he does...
tick full of tock full of tick full of tock
Old_Longshanks

Postby lachlaan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:09 pm

If you hover over the hotlink itself and see the actual link address, you'll understand what it does and what you're being asked to confirm.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Old_Longshanks wrote:Vision Quest Complete^

Please click this link for a better salem experience

Scalp Counter: 100
Dallane Posts: 6884Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Whats this? when I click it asks me to confirm..
but im unsure of what im confirming?

its a feature on the forums for a better exp. Don't worry If i wanted to mess with you IG i would
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:47 pm

It's a practical joke a few of the players were trying to pull off that, at this piont, and if it's the same user as before, is completely pointless as that person is one of the few permabans around right now. It's not irreversible, but I don't want to give away too much of it, either.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote: that person is one of the few permabans around right now.

According to the thread he will return on the new year
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Purity is still a focus of the September Patch. I would be lying if I didn't say we bit off more than we can chew at the moment. We are clocking some serious overtime to do everything we wanted. Since deadlines are so very important to us there is always the possibility that I "sacrifice" a piece of the patch to make the deadline and release it a bit later, similar to how the store and weapon chest trailed the august patch by a bit.

As of now:

*Inspirationals are still losing purity.

*Purity that you find in the wilderness is still fairly irrelevant in the big picture.

*Purity has actually jumped BACK onto structures, but it can 'change' on the structure so it still satisfies our criteria of not having to rip stuff down and rebuild it.

*We have a solution that 'should' work to keep similar if not exact purity on the items that exist in the world (that are keeping purity). Although, again, 10% pure stuff is not exactly a big deal after the patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:54 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*Purity has actually jumped BACK onto structures, but it can 'change' on the structure so it still satisfies our criteria of not having to rip stuff down and rebuild it.

Does that mean gardening pots, humus bins and cauldrons will keep their current purities and said purities will maintain a role in their respective jobs? I.e. pots still affect planted plants, bins still affect humus and cauldrons still affect boiled foods? Or is it just a case of not having to nuke the old stuff's stats to implement the new system on freshly created structures?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:07 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Purity is still a focus of the September Patch. I would be lying if I didn't say we bit off more than we can chew at the moment. We are clocking some serious overtime to do everything we wanted. Since deadlines are so very important to us there is always the possibility that I "sacrifice" a piece of the patch to make the deadline and release it a bit later, similar to how the store and weapon chest trailed the august patch by a bit.

As of now:

*Inspirationals are still losing purity.

*Purity that you find in the wilderness is still fairly irrelevant in the big picture.

*Purity has actually jumped BACK onto structures, but it can 'change' on the structure so it still satisfies our criteria of not having to rip stuff down and rebuild it.

*We have a solution that 'should' work to keep similar if not exact purity on the items that exist in the world (that are keeping purity). Although, again, 10% pure stuff is not exactly a big deal after the patch.

As much as I'm loving the updates - please don't exhaust your funding on overtime to meet an artificial deadline.
RonPaulFTW

Postby alprice » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 pm

I can't wait to build the new wall! Very nice!
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:48 pm

lachlaan wrote:Does that mean gardening pots, humus bins and cauldrons will keep their current purities and said purities will maintain a role in their respective jobs? I.e. pots still affect planted plants, bins still affect humus and cauldrons still affect boiled foods? Or is it just a case of not having to nuke the old stuff's stats to implement the new system on freshly created structures?

Humus Bins & Cauldrons have no purity at the moment. Garden pots have purity, but it changes with each harvest.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements