Changes to the Master Masons Forum

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Changes to the Master Masons Forum

Postby neored9 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:21 am

Tylan wrote:
From what I've seen of the snapchats.

THOSE ARE PRIVATE BINKS
neored9

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:32 am

I like how the master mason forum is also the MM forum. Coincidence? I think not!
Well, I agree with the list, and not just because I'm on it :)

I would say that the breakdown by continent is not relevant whatsoever. And I fail to see how the breakdown by gender would be something that was really thought through either: it's supposed to be a collection of the more active players whose feedback is assumed to be relevant more often than not.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby jesi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 am

Kandarim wrote:I would say that the breakdown by continent is not relevant whatsoever. And I fail to see how the breakdown by gender would be something that was really thought through either: it's supposed to be a collection of the more active players whose feedback is assumed to be relevant more often than not.

I think its relevant (both factors) to the future marketing of the game. Darwoth has pointed out previously (in connection with the world wipe) that european and american game expectations can differ quite alot. Gender is a relevant factor in determining what play style or another will be emphasized in further patches in order to attract what player base.

I am interested in knowing what the Devs think are the relevant factors in creating their advisory group as it will give some insight into future game development.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 am

jesi wrote:I think its relevant (both factors) to the future marketing of the game. Darwoth has pointed out previously (in connection with the world wipe) that european and american game expectations can differ quite alot. Gender is a relevant factor in determining what play style or another will be emphasized in further patches in order to attract what player base.

I am interested in knowing what the Devs think are the relevant factors in creating their advisory group as it will give some insight into future game development.

We have little interest in developing content to cater to genders or nationality. In our eyes we are looking to strike a balance between the following groups:

Casuals vs. Hardcores
PvPers vs. Carebears

We are fairly blind to any other factors or stereotypes, real or imaginary, behind the players.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Trenial » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:51 am

Binks wrote:
Chiprel wrote:Good luck lucky 13.

Thank you! However I should of been added over a year ago. I'm glad the new devs see who is really trying to help and those who just wear fingerless gloves for attention.

I laughed, fell down, got back up and fell down again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby jesi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:22 am

JohnCarver wrote:We have little interest in developing content to cater to genders or nationality. In our eyes we are looking to strike a balance between the following groups:

Casuals vs. Hardcores
PvPers vs. Carebears

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby alprice » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 am

I was surprised to not see Darwoth's name who plays a lot vs. Binks who constantly says he never plays. I guess Binks does play and care about the game.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby alloin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Hooray !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Binks » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

alprice wrote:I was surprised to not see Darwoth's name who plays a lot vs. Binks who constantly says he never plays. I guess Binks does play and care about the game.

I do not play anymore than you think Embie, however I care a lot about this game and I've invested a lot of my time in helping JC and Totallymeow Theory craft ideas. They don't always agree with me but they value my constant feed back on things a lot more than Jorb an Loftar did. Which is a nice thing since I've been a top player in this game for a very long time. I realize I'm just casual now but I know the ins and outs of the game better than anyone and will one day play this game like I did on Roanoke and the very beginning of providence.
Binks

Postby alprice » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Sounds good to me. I know you are passionate about it and glad to hear you are putting in your 2 cents even if you get back change :D
Embie is my name :P
alprice

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements