August Developer Event

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

August Developer Event

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:26 am

The old gods and new hereby challenge the server to a Royal Rumble at Dock Club.

Event Begins Saturday, August 23rd, 20:00 UTC (4 PM EDT / 1PM PDT for US players, 10:00 PM Central Europe, Midnight Moscow).

John Carver, TotalyMeow, and possibly Jorb and Loftar will participate. We will each be wielding a weapon from the Mystery Weapon Chest. If one of us is defeated, the first to loot the body gets the weapon for as long as they can hold on to it. Our humors will be set to slightly above the highest currently found on the server. The event will continue until all the gods have been defeated, or until all the server participants have been Knocked Out.

Participants who have us in combat when they KO should not try to log out, or drop combat. When the event is over, all who are still standing or lying on the ground inside the arena will be equipped with a small piece of equipment as a participation award so that even if you don't get a weapon, you will still get something. Partly for this reason, you might want to come wearing only a weapon and rags.

Those who want to see the event but do not wish to participate may sit upon the cliffs above the Dock Club arena. Those who do wish to participate should stand outside the dock club gates.

Rules and date may change between here and now at our discretion.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: August Developer Event

Postby troubleis » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:55 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Event Begins Saturday, July 19th, 20:00 UTC (4 PM EDT / 1PM PDT for US players, 9:00 PM Central Europe, Midnight Moscow).

Either I missed this one by a month or I'm quite a few years early for it ¦]
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 am

Yes, I copied the times from last month and forgot to update the date. It's fixed now.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 am

...but Who do you think would win if it was The Great Spirit fighting JC?

ANYWAYZ fun sounding event, cant wait to see how unbalanced the fight will be.
PRAS
Michael

Postby Procne » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:36 am

Gratz to the tribe for their new weapons I guess
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 am

Procne wrote:Gratz to the tribe for their new weapons I guess

Why would the tribe have any better of a chance to loot the gods faster than anybody else at the event?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Blood » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:39 am

TotalyMeow wrote:The old gods and new hereby challenge the server to a Royal Rumble at Dock Club.
If one of us is defeated, the first to loot the body gets the weapon for as long as they can hold on to it.

Doesn't that mean last person wins? or is it when you go down and are looted that person becomes the winner of said item regardless of being ko afterwards?
Blood

Postby Procne » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:43 am

JohnCarver wrote:Why would the tribe have any better of a chance to loot the gods faster than anybody else at the event?

Because there is more of them and they are organized. The event is not much different than the halberd events so far.
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:47 am

Procne wrote:Because there is more of them and they are organized. The event is not much different than the halberd events so far.

I would think and/or hope that the 50-100 other people in attendance might find a way to put up a fight against the 3-5 people I saw consistently win the halberd events. I could be wrong though. We will see.

Blood wrote:
Doesn't that mean last person wins? or is it when you go down and are looted that person becomes the winner of said item regardless of being ko afterwards?

I will call the fight if/when there are fewer people standing than there are weapons looted from the gods. I.E. if 4 Gods go down, and there are 4 players left standing each with a god weapon, then I'll call it so there can be four winners.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:38 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Procne wrote:Because there is more of them and they are organized. The event is not much different than the halberd events so far.

I would think and/or hope that the 50-100 other people in attendance might find a way to put up a fight against the 3-5 people I saw consistently win the halberd events...

No, Don't trust the other people! They might be Darworth pretending to be someone else!
Michael

Next

Return to Announcements