AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:Your boards became warped and your nails rusty.

did not.

also the others pretty much covered the issue of mass storage, for me it is also primarily stone and boards. give a generic stone and board pile that can hold 1k or more of their given item and i think most folks signpost issues would largely subside.

oh, also something for generic cotton tufts/fibers.

though an ingot pile for metal, barrel of nails for nails, something for clay and something for leather/cotton would be good.
Darwoth

Postby Feone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:44 am

I agree on the mass storage items mentioned before.

Mostly (any type of) plank, stone, fibre and clay.
On top of that it'd be great to have options (not currently available I guess) for crops and various fertilizers.

Additionally it'd be nice to have options for ore and coal but their pile/boulder form are alright too already.
Feone

Postby Procne » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 am

Something simple like this:

2 or 3 stone walls forming some kind of compartment where you can throw different goods. Graphics might change to show what good is stored.
Procne

Postby Feone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:07 am

Procne wrote:Something simple like this:

2 or 3 stone walls forming some kind of compartment where you can throw different goods. Graphics might change to show what good is stored.

I like that concept. Just an arbitrary mass-storage that anything can be thrown into causing it to force just that generic type of item.
Feone

Postby TemplarKnight » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:41 am

confirmed storage containers
¦] ¦] ¦]
TemplarKnight

Postby nonsonogiucas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 am

This:
Procne wrote:Something simple like this:

For anything small like stones, granite, flints, (smooth stones, why not?), coal, ore, wood chips, clay, cotton, nuts and acorns, maybe also bones, animal droppings and humus?

It could be made so that it doesn't have a container interface but instead you right click and gather stuff in the same way the coal clamp works. It would be faster with a shovel.

It would also be cool if the pile was a modular multi-tile thing that grows as you put stuff in... but stops against walls like Procne says.

It would also be nice to pile up in specific structures:
wood blocks
dry and oiled boards (fresh ones you can leave in the fell tree I think?)
bricks
ingots
leather
cloth

After those I think the issue blends into the Mushi-Bag (tm) thing... (for example cloth could be sewn together into rolls for storage and then cut again with scissors... while I play Ultima Online music in the background 8-) )

Also, since there is the intention of having deep mining, we could make food last very long when stored, say 2-3 levels underground, and decay into rot when stored outside.
I was lucky...
nonsonogiucas

Postby RonPaulFTW » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 am

You also might consider making the existing sheds cheaper. They are about 6x more expensive than chests for 1.5x the storage and no portability. Other than aesthetics it's kinda stupid to ever make one.

Same for cupboards.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Procne » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:You also might consider making the existing sheds cheaper. They are about 6x more expensive than chests for 1.5x the storage and no portability. Other than aesthetics it's kinda stupid to ever make one.

Same for cupboards.

Shed = 64 slots
Chest = 25 slots
Sheds have over 2.5x more storage than chests
Procne

Postby Blood » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:05 pm

I look at storage items on a tile basis so:
shed is 2 tiles, 64/2= 32 items per tile
chest is ~1.5 tiles(wall gaps is annoying), 25/1.5=16 items per tile. Crate is similar but a pain in the ass to access consistently.
i recently renovated my base and noticed that the space i used to have 30 chests i can now use it to have 16 sheds and gained 274 slots and i like the green more and the bigger box to sort things out.
Blood

Postby RonPaulFTW » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Procne wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:You also might consider making the existing sheds cheaper. They are about 6x more expensive than chests for 1.5x the storage and no portability. Other than aesthetics it's kinda stupid to ever make one.

Same for cupboards.

Shed = 64 slots
Chest = 25 slots
Sheds have over 2.5x more storage than chests

Typo on my part. My point about price is still valid.
RonPaulFTW

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements