AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:41 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
Procne wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:You also might consider making the existing sheds cheaper. They are about 6x more expensive than chests for 1.5x the storage and no portability. Other than aesthetics it's kinda stupid to ever make one.

Same for cupboards.

Shed = 64 slots
Chest = 25 slots
Sheds have over 2.5x more storage than chests

Typo on my part. My point about price is still valid.

At a certain point along the way the price for this kind of things becomes a void point anyway. Then the discussion is between movable cupboards in a house (possibly outside, but I wouldn't risk that) or fixed sheds outside (without any direct silver input).
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Veloraptor62 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:22 pm

It would be nice, if we where able to craft kindling stacks out of sticks, while i know its easy to get an inventory full of sticks, the amount of sticks needed for mass production is getting to the point where stacks of sticks is necessary or planting trees next to each area, tho one cant plant trees in the mine.. and running up each time we place 6 pile of wood gets a bit annoying, sure one could bring a wagon with 8 chests full of sticks.
but still is that really the solution?

1. Basically i am suggesting, gathering sticks onto the players back, just like dirt works now.
  2. That stack could have a size of 50-100 or maybe more if that does not ruin game balance.
  3. Now the new stack, can refuel ovens, kilns, cauldrons, etc, in a similar way like water barrels can refill other objects, except here we are talking sticks for fuel ofc.
  4. The stacks should be able to be dropped and stored on the ground like kindling stacks, thus creates an easy way for players to haul a lot of sticks to any project, like makeshift fences, big mining operations, ovens, etc.

Just an idea anyway :roll:
Veloraptor62

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:05 pm

I think the big question in my mind is what if you find a player with 100 sticks on his back. Should he be lightable?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Feone » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I think the big question in my mind is what if you find a player with 100 sticks on his back. Should he be lightable?

Yes.
It should be an advanced murder skill, a bit past cain and abel.

KO a suspected witch, stack sticks onto it and burn it!
Burn the witch!

Can't have a game called Salem without the option to burn people we don't like witches.
Feone

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Veloraptor62 wrote:It would be nice, if we where able to craft kindling stacks out of sticks, while i know its easy to get an inventory full of sticks, the amount of sticks needed for mass production is getting to the point where stacks of sticks is necessary or planting trees next to each area, tho one cant plant trees in the mine.. and running up each time we place 6 pile of wood gets a bit annoying, sure one could bring a wagon with 8 chests full of sticks.
but still is that really the solution?

1. Basically i am suggesting, gathering sticks onto the players back, just like dirt works now.
  2. That stack could have a size of 50-100 or maybe more if that does not ruin game balance.
  3. Now the new stack, can refuel ovens, kilns, cauldrons, etc, in a similar way like water barrels can refill other objects, except here we are talking sticks for fuel ofc.
  4. The stacks should be able to be dropped and stored on the ground like kindling stacks, thus creates an easy way for players to haul a lot of sticks to any project, like makeshift fences, big mining operations, ovens, etc.

Just an idea anyway :roll:

Another solution would be to have a craftable item that is a bundle of sticks made out of 4 or 5 sticks, then you could light 31 or 38 fires in a mine on a single run.
DarkNacht

Postby alprice » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:42 am

Witches were burned at the stake. Players that are true witches should be as well. Now I am not refering to players with witches hats.
Last edited by alprice on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby Tamasin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 am

the stake lol its not your dinner

and ideally I'd like to be able to make a proper stake upon which to burn people, as well as to set fire to anyone laden with much flammable stuff.
Tamasin
Customer

Postby Procne » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Is this true that in tomorrow's patch players will drop whole inventory upon logout?
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Procne wrote:Is this true that in tomorrow's patch players will drop whole inventory upon logout?

I didn't hear that one lol. While that is indeed a troll today. It may not be a troll next week, month or year. Dirty Alt-vaulters are advised to get those things in a persistent place in the world before I inevitably feel to harvest those tears.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:41 pm

I heard ebola can be contracted through drinking tears of ebola infected victim
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements