AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Any idea at what time the patch will hit?
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Soon.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TruthTeller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:02 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Soon™.

You are welcome :).
TruthTeller

Postby troubleis » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:07 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Procne wrote:Is this true that in tomorrow's patch players will drop whole inventory upon logout?

I didn't hear that one lol. While that is indeed a troll today. It may not be a troll next week, month or year. Dirty Alt-vaulters are advised to get those things in a persistent place in the world before I inevitably feel to harvest those tears.

While I understand wanting to get rid of alt vaulting items, I do hope you implement something other than items dropping as soon as you logout. I quite often have to turn off the game and turn it back on to prevent crashes. Or my internet decides to die for 5 minutes. If it dropped items after being logged off for lets say even an hour that would be so much better than instant dropping.
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Soon.

Wow your 'soon' is much sooner then the old 'soon'.
DarkNacht

Postby TruthTeller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:19 pm

troubleis wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Procne wrote:Is this true that in tomorrow's patch players will drop whole inventory upon logout?

I didn't hear that one lol. While that is indeed a troll today. It may not be a troll next week, month or year. Dirty Alt-vaulters are advised to get those things in a persistent place in the world before I inevitably feel to harvest those tears.

While I understand wanting to get rid of alt vaulting items, I do hope you implement something other than items dropping as soon as you logout. I quite often have to turn off the game and turn it back on to prevent crashes. Or my internet decides to die for 5 minutes. If it dropped items after being logged off for lets say even an hour that would be so much better than instant dropping.

One option is to leave some sort of "basket" in the place where you character logged out. The basket contains all items in your inventory and is liftable without leaving scents. Also if the alt has been offline for X time, stealing from the basket doesn't leave scents. Evidently logging out without anything in inventory, doesn't leave a basket.
TruthTeller

Postby lachlaan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 pm

The metal chest change could've been a nice addition to the warnings :(

Edit: Oh right, just read about scroll wheel >.> My bad, woot :D
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:08 am

I should have still included it in the warnings tho. My bad.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby jesi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:48 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

Why not just create beds and require people to logout in a bed if they have inventory (pallets for logging out under a leanto). Then allow stealing from sleeping people. Would be a more credible (and immersive :P ) mechanic.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Veloraptor62 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:11 pm

reading that its now slower to gather branches from trees, i suppose it was a bad idea wanting to have an easier time gathering branches for fire..
but at least i can use other wood items as fuel.. ¦] in case i make too many of them that is.. :lol:
Veloraptor62

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements