AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Salemites,
Given the large wealth of changes that we anticipate to make each month there will most likely be an opportunity where nerfs that we apply can have damaging effects. There is only so much we can do to prevent this and we do consider this a risk of the beta but will do our best to warn you of such things in advance so you can minimize the damage to your base, items, etc.

AUGUST Issues:
*Players may lose items in their Alchemy Tables. Players are encouraged to NOT keep stuff in the bottom 2 rows of their Alchemy Tables.
*Players may lose slots on items. Players are encouraged to hold-back slotting or at least leave one empty slot when socketing gear. Some gear may get nerfed by a slot or two.
*Materials that are not built into sign posts will decay. Players should begin moving any storage they are using this way into intended storage containers.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Next Patch Warnings!

Postby alprice » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks for the advance notice!
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby alloin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*Players may lose slots on items. Players are encouraged to hold-back slotting or at least leave one empty slot when socketing gear. Some gear may get nerfed by a slot or two.

Plz remove the top slots :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i can imagine this is way harder to do then removing the bottom slots, so no problem ^^
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:59 pm

I'll be honest with you a lot of begginer clothes like, F.e a pilgrims coat, dont have enough artifacts that are their type at all to make good chance slotting, so i suggest to either nerf the amount of slottable items in such clothes or make new artifacts with the proficiencies like stocks & cultivars, pots & pans and sugar & spice.
Edit of Edit (I misspelled Edit) Edit: i do see you will decrease slots but can we atleast get the artifacts i mentioned above?
Im tired of slotting 50% skullpins :|
Last edited by Rifmaster on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rifmaster

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:59 pm

JohnCarver wrote:AUGUST Issues:
*Players may lose items in their Alchemy Tables. Players are encouraged to NOT keep stuff in the bottom 2 rows of their Alchemy Tables.
*Players may lose slots on items. Players are encouraged to hold-back slotting or at least leave one empty slot when socketing gear. Some gear may get nerfed by a slot or two.

LOL the last slot is most often the WSS. Ah the tears.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Nektaris » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:17 pm

I want Fifi La Våtslidan and Archibald the Philanderer back NOW!!
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:28 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:AUGUST Issues:

LOL the last slot is most often the WSS. Ah the tears.

I'm waiting for WSS to be changed to 5 CCP, 5 CCD so we can see all the people cry that they just payed 1000s and now its garbage.
DarkNacht

Postby lachlaan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Is the ETA still next weekend? No point cutting back to only one row of alchemical equipment until then. Although I guess I could anticipate another table or three. :idea:
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Rifmaster wrote:I'll be honest with you a lot of begginer clothes like, F.e a pilgrims coat, dont have enough artifacts that are their type at all to make good chance slotting, so i suggest to either nerf the amount of slottable items in such clothes or make new artifacts with the proficiencies like stocks & cultivars, pots & pans and sugar & spice.
Edit of Edit (I misspelled Edit) Edit: i do see you will decrease slots but can we atleast get the artifacts i mentioned above?
Im tired of slotting 50% skullpins :|

Clothing will no longer require you match proficiencies. The proficiency check will only be done on the Artifice.

lachlaan wrote:Is the ETA still next weekend? No point cutting back to only one row of alchemical equipment until then. Although I guess I could anticipate another table or three. :idea:

ETA is still the weekend of the 9th/10th.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Potjeh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Clothing will no longer require you match proficiencies. The proficiency check will only be done on the Artifice.

Aww :(
Potjeh

Next

Return to Announcements